Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brazilian-Rio-Tanga-something

Posted by rotny (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 7, 07 at 9:49

All,
I would have bumped an old thread but was afraid the hundred+ followups would have detered any interest. I need some help finding a Brazilian back panty for my wife. The Maidenform Tanga(style 40381)was a sure bet but its been discontinued. I came across an offering from Knick Knacks (panteez.com) that is exactly what I am looking for but they're out of stock, and have been for quite some time. 7 for all mankind had a limited Brazilian low rise bikini but there are only a few left on ebay - of course none are in the size I need. Of the few others I've come across, the prices have been excessive. The only place I hit pay dirt was in swimwear but that's a whole different arena.
As you can tell I've been all over the net. Can anyone point me in a beneficial direction?

Rotny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brazilian-Rio-Tanga-something

Buy her a gift card and let her do the shopping.

o

Thanks for the suggestion bud. Wifey loves gift cards but I doubt she would have any better luck than me finding this particular style. She tends to lose interest in things that aren't especially important to her. But I'd still like to do this for her as she has experssed some interest. Any one else?

Rotny

o

Well, I don't have much to offer in the way of specific sites. I buy one brand of underwear. They make it in a hip-hugger brief and a thong in both black and nude and I buy them at Macy's. I never wear anything else unless it's nothing at all. Yeah, I'm a real wild one! But this search might turn up something.

Here is a link that might be useful: Brazilian back panty search.

o

Thanks barnmom, I've tried that search with little luck. Had a chat with the wife and we've decided to hit the area malls and visit some Latin themed stores. If they don't got it...don't nobody got it! As far as going without, wild indeed! - I wouldn't mind a little tease every now and then but she's got to want to play too.

Rotny

o

....Wow, this husband is really dedicated, my husband would not even know what brand or size I wear! LOL!
I never even heard of the Brazilian.... what?! It it a thong or something?

o

A Brazilian cut could also be called a Rio or even a Tanga and originated in Brazil where the ladies like to put a little more on display. It provides much more coverage than a traditional thong but not quite as much as an American bikini cut. The link below will give you a really good visual.

Rotny

Here is a link that might be useful: Different styles

o

Check out the websites that sell to strippers. In some cities, like where I live, the ordinance requires the Rio, and thongs are illegal to wear onstage for both guys and gals.

If you live in/near a big city, how about you, or you and your wife visit one of the upscale exotic dance clubs, and ask the dancers where they shop? There are usually tiny, independantly owned, boutiques around, that do not do much advertising, that cater to strippers and people looking for exoticwear for themselves and gifts. Also some strip clubs have sales people who make periodic visits to the clubs to sell the dancewear and undies that the girls buy. Ask what days the salespeople come around the club. Some of the clubs have seamstresses who custom make panties and costumes and sell them. You may get the business card of the seamstress and have them custom made. That way you can get the exact size and color you want. They do not charge all that much for their work, the prices are usually pretty reasonable. They also have sales people who stop by selling those platform, high heeled shoes the girls wear, that the typical stores don't sell.

o
Doh.

Doh. I just checked your link and I see you have already checked out exotic dancewear sites. Sorry.

Have you checked out the ballet stores?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here