Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Locks of Love

Posted by michelle_phxaz (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 26, 08 at 6:15

Where in Phoenix do I go to donate? I have the perfect hair according to their website, but can't find anyplace here in Phoenix to cut it. I also want a new style, so I would prefer a salon that I can get a great new style as well.

Can anyone recommend a salon in Phoenix, AZ?

thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Locks of Love

I would think most reputable sytists should be able to give your donation to Locks of Love. Are they telling you they don't/can't? That's odd.

Or, are you looking for one that cuts it for free if you donate to Locks of Love? I think some chains around my area do that so it may be the same in your area. But you may not get the best style.

I would just pick up the yellow pages and start calling and asking around or goggle your city name with "Locks of Love" and see what comes up.

o

My sister lives in Phoenix, my nephew grew and donated his hair to "Locks" not long ago. I have a call into her. I'll post when she answers. She is on the road on vacation with intermittent cell coverage.

o

Carla, I don't have a regular stylist and the salons around my small town don't work with Locks.

I don't care if I have to pay, that just goes with the donating part of this idea, but I do want to get a good cut and style if it is going to be short.

I live south of Phoenix nearest to the East Valley, so Barnmom when you find out I would really appreciate your info! Thanks!

o

Maybe you could do this or the Salon mentioned may be able to fit you in another time. I would bet a salon doing this would be pretty stylish.

There's some more out there if you try typing in Locks of Love and Phoenix ... just in case barnmom's isn't near you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cut a thon

o

Carla, I did contact them last week, they are completely booked. Good for them!

I am calling around after this weekend, I have had my in-laws here all week and they leave tomorrow, I haven't had much time to make calls, and only get on the computer in the wee hours.

o

No word from sis, I'll call her again.

o

michelle,

In case the Atmosphere Salon doesn't do Locks of Love...

Did you ever try calling the salon that sponsored the hospital cut a thon or were they completely booked in their salon too? I would think that salon would probably be the creme of the crop of salons in the area if they were the sponsors of that fundraiser. I don't think they'd have a mom and pop store do it. Plus, they obviously have been trained how to cut the hair for Locks of Love (unlike the other salons I'm guessing that don't do it or haven't been trained). I think the salon's name was Salon Estique.

o

Check with Fantastic Sam's. There is one in Phoenix and others nearby.

o

Sorry, sis has still not responded. She and family are on vacation... I've called several times. I'll try once more tomorrow.

o

Barnmom, no hurry at all. A family emergency has come up and we won't be able to do anything for a week or so anyway. Thanks for trying, I really appreciate it.

Michelle

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here