Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hair advice: I want pink tips

Posted by michelle_phxaz (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 29, 08 at 5:24

I have very long, very straight, very healthy uncolored/untreated hair that I am getting ready to cut off to donate to Locks of Love. My hair is a light brown and I would love to have a chin-length choppy style with some of the ends colored pink. I have looked through numerous Google sites and most of it is for the product, I can't find many pics of hairstyles.

Would my ends have to be bleached first to hold a bold color change? I don't have a regular stylist, my hair is just a very simple cut so I go to a cheap cutting place that doesn't do color much, and so I don't have someone to bounce my idea off of.

Does anyone have a good site for unique hair coloring? Even better, if you know a place in Phoenix Arizona it would be a bonus!

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hair advice: I want pink tips

Nice that you are going to donate:). Yes, you have to bleach your hair where you are going to put the pink. In fact, when it grows out or fades out, you will have bleached yellowy color remaining.

Sorry, don't live in your area, but I would suggest you get a referral from a very reliable source before going forward.

Best of luck.

o
RE: hair advice: I want pink tips

Thanks! I only want the tips done which will be easier to manage and will grow out. I am a researcher, so I will keep getting referrals and info before I get it done. I appreciate your help!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here