Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Eye Lift Results

Posted by playsinthedirt20 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 4, 07 at 3:31

I had my upper lids done about 6 weeks ago. I STILL have some swelling and bruising under my eyes. Yes, under. Have been back to the doctor a couple of times. He said it was unusual, but not unheard of. Also, my eyes still ache and feel gritty in the morning. I do have allergies, but this has been since the surgery. And I also don't think they look as open as I had expected. I do take a long time to heal, but this seems excessive.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with this procedure?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Eye Lift Results

I never had an eyelift, but I did have surgury around my eyes and it took a loooong time to get back to normal. I had a faint shadowing of black eyes for almost a year.

You did the right thing by making an inquiry to your doctor, but if you are worried, you may be put as ease by getting a second opinion. As long as you are not experienceing pain, oozing, redness or the area feels 'hot', there probably is no infection.

o
RE: Eye Lift Results

Wow - a whole year? That actually does make me feel better - that I'm not the only one who takes a long time to heal. No, there's no redness or oozing and anything like that. Just some very slight swelling underneath and darkish discoloration/bruising, again underneath. Maybe it's not so bad after all. Thanks for responding.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here