Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Favorite MENS cologne

Posted by stargazer_1118 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 18, 07 at 2:55

What are your fav men's cologne? You know ladies, the ones that make you go crazy? Here are mine..............

1.Tommy Bahama-can't keep my hands off my man when he wears this ;)
2. Halston Z14-oldie but goodie. Nice woodsy scent. No 'lime' smell here............

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Favorite MENS cologne

I love Polo and Polo Sport...they remind me of better days!

Really most men's fragrances smell good to me. And almost no women's scents smell good to me? What's up with that? There is one men's fragrance that I hate and for the life of me I can't remember...I'm thinking it's Lagerfeld but I may be wrong. I just looked it up and I do think that's the one but hey, my sister absolutely loves it so what do I know?

It's been so long since I've gone to the men's counter and smelled around. My husband doesn't really wear cologne except for Gillette Cool Wave aftershave which actually smells great and is $5!!!! Why can't there be a women's cologne for $5 that's smells so good!?

o

I HATE Lagerfeld - it's so nasty it makes me sick.

My favorite is Christian Dior's Eau Sauvage. (Gee, I think that dates me!)

o

gina, I love Eau Sauvage too, I buy it for my dh ocasionally and spritz myself with it........ Kenzo has a wonderful citrussy men's cologne, it's very mild though.
I also love Aqua di Parma, it's not sold everywhere; it's an old one that's been revived.

o

This may sound odd, however a male friend of mine said that he uses female cologne instead of mens. His rational is that if women like a particular scent on themselves, then it makes sence that that they would also like it on him. I have to admit that he is right.

He doesn't wear it very often, but when he does, it's Jovan Musk Oil. I personally prefer it to those strong "male" smelling colognes.

The one exception, is CK5 I think. To me it smells sort of androgynous.

o

I'm not sure I would want a male to smell like a woman........................

o

I used to buy Canoe for myself.

o

I don't really think that Jovan Musk Oil is a really "girly" scent anyway. Heck my husband loves to bath with Caress soap and uses Pantene Shampoo and he smells wonderful after his shower! ;) He doesn't smell feminine, just clean.

o

Cool Water by Davidoff

Makes me want to get up real close and take a deep breath whenever a man is wearing it. This presents a problem when it's a stranger.

o

Fendi Uomo.
Still my favorite. I'm neutral to most aquatic scents although my husband seems to prefer them. Lately though, he's been wearing Liz's Spark and that's very nice.

o

The ones that always stick out for me are the ones I hate! :) Preferred Stock, Kenneth Cole Black, any Stetson makes me gag.

My old man seems to smell the best right out of the shower. I do like Eternity on most men, and Romance on a select few.

o

From a male perspective on the subject. These are in my collection of which I use quite regularly.David Beckham - INSTINCT; Giorgio Armani - GIO; Homme - JOOP; California - 90210; D&G - MASCULINE. I often get asked what I am wearing and seldom can remember - but its usually one of the above. Cheers. KL.

o

I just smelled the fragrance Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Bart in the blue bottle. I loved it!!!! I sprayed on my husband and it kept smelling good all evening!

o

Calvin Klein "Be". I buy it for my husband, but occasionally use it myself. Very subtle and nice.

o

What's wrong with Old Spice...I love it. Very manly.

o

I love unisex fragrances--I have so many Jo Malone fragrances I won't run out for years!

I'm giving someone special this year Jo Malone Lime Basil and Mandarin cologne--I gave him a sample earlier this year when I ordered a fragrance for myself and love it on him.

Jo Malone Pomegranate is another nice unisex but also masculine fragrance, that I wear as well in the winter months.

o

Avon Wild Country.

o

My husband wears the Frankincense and Myrrh essential oils, it's amazing.

o

When I was a kid, my heartthrob wore Polo by Ralph Lauren. I don't know if they still make it but if I ever smelled it again I am certain my heart would go pitter patter.

o

My favourite on my husband is Antaeus by Chanel. You usually have to ask at the perfume counter because it is not prominently displayed.

o

Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue. I may wear it myself. They do make a Light Blue for women, but I like the men's better.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here