Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Face Moisturizer

Posted by tisa (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 30, 06 at 0:48

My skin is really dry. I also have large pores. I was wondering if anyone knows of any face moisturizer that will help my dry skin.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Face Moisturizer

There are dozens and dozens of moisturizers. First you need to decide if you are looking for a daytime moisturizer with sunscreen or a nighttime moisturizer. Also, consider what you are using to wash your face; maybe what you are using is too drying.

I like most of Neutrogena's products. I also find a lot of good information about cosmetics on the Cosmetics Cop webpage.

o

I think it has to do with the cleansing process. My dear departed Mom taught me this like 15 years ago. No soap. She used Ponds cold cream and a tissue...I couldn't get past the tissue routine so I revised it with a warm damp washcloth. I no longer have dry skin. I do follow up with an alchohol-free freshener...Lancome Tonique Douceur. My moisterizer is some of that great generic stetch mark cream.....Plus....Eucirin Extra Protective Moisture Lotion SPF 30. No dry skin. I use Almay Non-Oily eyemake up remover pads. Then the Ponds....then the toner....then the cheap version of the strech stuff...called Dermactin-TS available at Sally's.....then the Eucirin....I'm glowing...try it.

o

I've been using Olay Daily Facials cleansing cloths for normal-dry skin for years, and Olay regular face moisurizer with SPF 15 for daytime. I recently switched to the Combination/Oily skin version because I think the Normal version was causing breakouts. I just hope the trade-off won't be new wrinkles....

o

socks12345, Thank you for your advice! Yes, maybe the cleansers I am using are too drying.

miss tree, You have a real concoction! I think I'll try your method, and if it doesn't work, maybe I'll try something else. Thanks for your advice!

jenn, I think I will also try your method if the other one fails. Thank you for your advice!

o

YOU HAVE to try Ageless Moisture. OH MY GOSH!! This stuff has helped my skin so much. It started really working with firming and wrinkles after about week 8, but moisturized my skin right away. It has all of the best face ingredients that most derms say to use like dmae, Alpha lipoic acid, vit c, vit e, aloe vera, greet tea, etc. There are tons of great ingredients. Oh yeah, I think there is a natural sun protectant in it as well but can't remember the name. The smell is bland which I appreciate because I have sensitive skin and this has NEVER given me any problems. I only know of one site that sells it agelessmoisture.com Good Luck!

o

I also saw the ageless moisture at www.beautyenvy.citymaker.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here