Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Support Panties

Posted by Michie1 (My Page) on
Sat, May 21, 05 at 23:26

Is there such a thing as underwear that has a heavier weight of spandex so it'll hold the lower tummy in? I don't want those granny panties either or those shapewaear that are ugly as sin. All the microfiber ones you find in the stores don't seem to have enough control either.

Michie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Support Panties

Michie, believe me the pair that I purchased and wore for a wedding were not pretty! They were pretty helpful though, until I ate that wedding cake.

o

I did not see your post before I started a new one on power panties... sorry !! You can see the products at the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: turbo tights

o

I was looking for something that looks more like real panties & not like the newer versions of girdles. I'd like to be OK with letting my husband see it BUT with a little more control than a simple lycra or microfiber stretchy panty.

Michie

o

in a word- no. you have three choices... little girly panties that don't cover your belly at all, things that look like panty-girdles, or things that look like spandex bike shorts without the padding in the crotch.

add to that the simple problem that if you're actually soft enough in the belly to need something with 'support' you invite a problem I'd rather avoid- scoops and divots where the support ends, like at the tops of your thighs, and around your waist... and personally, I think the 'squeezed into too tight panties' looks way worse than a woman carrying a few extra pounds without being afraid of not being a model.

I do own a pair of panties with a waist cinch, runs from my ribs to the tops of my thighs (I think it's from the same company that makes the power slips) and it looks more like you're wearing an under-bust corset than it looks like a girdle...

and I've found that men who are all freaked out by non-trendy underwear make lousy partners from the start (talk about shallow?!) so you might want to actually involve your husband in the decision- god knows mine loves helping me pick out more than the naughty bits :)

o

Chinacat, you really made me smile! You have to be so right, men who are freaked out by 'non trendy' underwear must be shallow and lousy life partners. Fuggetaboutem!

(Actually, if we really would forget about 'em, we wouldn't need these stupid panties.)

o

actually, I bought, and wear mine for two reasons...

one is that occasionally, I like to shed my cozy old hippy guise, and become 'the duchess of Erat' in my finery and my one remaining pair of heels...but i'm not willing to sacrifice my lifestyle to look good in a dress I only wear three times a year ;)

but, the more practical reason is this- they are a great comfort to me during both ends of my moon cycle- they keep my ovaries from popping out during week two- and really take the edge off my cramps in week 4

o

Oh ladies and you thought WE had problems?

Here is a link that might be useful: Check out what the MEN are saying on the tractor forum

o

ROTFLMAO! Great thread Jessica!

chinacat, scoops and divots... LOL! I love being in my 40's, I'm finally comfortable in my own skin!!

o

Wacoal makes a bra and panties that gives control. Sometimes I use the black ones (the set) for a bikini when I am traveling and forgot a suit for a hotel pool.

the style is called Body Suede and can be bough at nicer department stores

Here is a link that might be useful: body suede panties

o

Those body suede panties aren't the worst I've seen. I guess I'll ck to see if they provide enough support.

While my husband would never "freak out" over "non-trendy" panties they certainly don't make you feel or look enticing from his perspective or from mine. I would never want that look for me nor for him to see me in them. I don't think that makes him a lousy partner the same way I'd prefer it if he doens't look like an old man & tries to look modern & sexy for me. You'd be lying if you say looks don't count (or in the case of many women it's a conveneient attitude to take when they prefer not to try to look their best for their man - that's what talk shows are made of) & I'm sorry to say that's what usually initially attracts people to each other, so frivolous or not I'd understand if my husband were not interested in my body wtih granny panties.

o

LOLOLOLOL, Jessy! How did you EVER happen to find yourself over on the Tractor forum?

o

Yes Jessy-- I want to know how come you were hanging out with the tractor dudes too!

o

I think she's preparing for her trip to Michigan and meeting Annie's dad. She'll be able to dish it with the best of 'em. You know Jessie! LOL

o

Heh heh HanArt's not far from the truth. Actually, I was reading up on Bunnyman, hopefully he'll be there.

o
RE: Support Panties and

Ya know, I thought about linking this thread over there...but I don't want to get Bunnyman in any hot, er, water.

o

aha !! I should have known it was CF people making this thread reappear at the top; every year it happens...... lol....

o

Hey, Mitch! There's a lot of funny stuff going on over on Conversations on the C/F, we're getting a little crazy, must be the heat.

o

Like what everyone is saying, yup its normal. Just use Torrid panties . The discharge should be clearish to yellowish. Differs from person to person. But it should never smell weird.

Here is a link that might be useful: Torrid

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here