Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Length of pants for this suit??

Posted by Dedtired (My Page) on
Sun, May 4, 03 at 20:51

Hi. I just bought a silk taupe colored suit. It has a long jacket --the kind that comes to mid-thigh. I need to have the pants shortened. I think it will look best if the pants are at or just above ankle length. I'll wear it with a about a 2" sandal.It's not really dressy.

Will this look too short -- like floods? This is shorter than I would normally wear a pants suit, but most of my suits have regular length jackets, This suit is for two early evening fund raising parties I will attend in mid- May.

Help!

Pam

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Length of pants for this suit??

Personally, I would make the pants long and flowing, breaking at the top of your shoes.... it will lengthen the leg and be proportionate to the jacket, which seems gorgeous by the way...
I have a few longer jackets and I kept the pants long. I wear shorter pants in a more casual way and with twin sets or shorter jackets.....

o
RE: Length of pants for this suit??

Thanks -- that's a good point. Maybe what I need is more length rather than less. So, you know about fashion as well as kitchens!!

Pam

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here