Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lifted Eyelids Anyone?

Posted by AnnieIL (My Page) on
Sat, May 29, 04 at 19:42

Just had the ophthalmologist (eye physician) tell me I have drooping eyelids and it is putting a strain on my eyes. He has recommended a plastic surgeon who specializes in this type of surgery. Has anyone had it?
Is it painful? Do they give a local anesthetic or put you to sleep? I have a consultation with him in two weeks, so will be asking him these questions; but I would like to hear your experiences, if any. Thank you. Annieil

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lifted Eyelids Anyone?

My husband had it done about three years ago for the same reason and had no problems at all.

o

I know two people that have had this done. Once had severe drooping and she did have some complications for some time but after a year she was fine.

The other had no problems at all.

Basically, it is an eye lift. Make sure you get a good surgeon with lots of experience doing this. I have no doubt you'll be pleased with the results.

o

I had it done 12 years ago. 4 lid blephoroplasty (eyelift ;)

They put you under. Before they wheeled me into the OR, they gave me some kind of relaxant drug through an IV...jeez! Now I know why people become drug addicts...I felt so good ;)

Back on topic...I had very little post op pain. Still woozy from the anestesia when I got home, and just rested. I believe I was given prescription painkillers but don't think I really needed them. I will say that I looked terrible, like I'd been punched in both eyes. That lasted about a week. You aren't supposed to bend over or lift anything heavy for a short time.

My husband's grandmother, who is in her 80's, just had her uppers done a few months ago, same issue as you. She went through it/came out of it just fine.

Also, if you smoke, quit at least 10 days before. You will heal faster and better.

o

Thank you so very much for all the pertinent information regarding the eyelid lift. I don't smoke--quit 34 years ago, thank goodness, but have enough infirmities that I worry about additional ones. At least I have some idea of what to anticipate and can prepare. Thanks again.AnnieIL

o

:) both my parents have had it done, they're in their 70's, my mom had crepe-y lids from decades of abuse (those old black eye liners have ruined many a delicate eye area!) and my dad lost 200 pounds after heart surgery, both were done for 'medical' reasons...

both of them came through fine, and my dad's a diabetic with some serious healing issues.

my only advice is to find the doctor you trust the most overall- and walk out on anyone whose portfolio isn't current, or whom tries to pressure you into ANY other procedure.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here