Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Don't know if I should get my hair cut in this way...

Posted by harlequinn217 (My Page) on
Tue, May 19, 09 at 19:36

I'm really wanting to get my hair cut since it's so long and the weather is getting really hot. I've though about getting it cut really short, but I really didn't know if I could pull it off. Friends have told me I could, but I want to see what other people would think before I made an appointment.
Here's me...
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww290/HarleQuinn217/?action=view¤t=l_004acd0a62e4d531824a0fd1744938fd.jpg

http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww290/HarleQuinn217/?action=view¤t=5-2-2009025.jpg

(In the second picture, I'm the one with the wavy/curly hair. Not the best pictures, but the only ones that I could find that it was basically a head on shot)

And this is what I would like to get my hair cut like...
http://api.ning.com/files/Y-EgJLd7n1F44Jjt11mBNKZTBO1iOQdhdgxIvhn3kNc8euGntPThwTvvrJUM0jzanUF2wIYAuTwnGJehs6viDQKPDKiyBO8D/Billie_Joe_Armstrong_385.jpg

Like good ol' Billie Joe. :)
Please respond asap cause I have to get the appointment scheduled by next week if I choose to get the cut.
Thanks alot!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Don't know if I should get my hair cut in this way...

Billie Joe's hair is styled that way with a lot of goop, what is the basic cut, who knows?

Be prepared to spend a lot of time in front of the mirror, no one gets up in the morning looking that way, it's a lot of work, lol.....

You should get a cut you'll like and be able to manage easily for the days you don't have the time to spike it up all over like that.

o

I wish I could get the links to work, and I wish we could have an active thread like this. I would love, and really need, opinions on haircuts for wavy hair on not-young heads.

Currently, I have a Susan Boyle. Would like very much to look better.

o

I don't think Billie Joe's hair looks stiff, but as mitchdesj says, there is probably a good amount of product used. I think mostly near the roots, though. A few years ago I had my hair cut and the intent was to have a "messy" look, but I can't step away from the mirror until I tame it much more than the hairdresser or my daughter planned. As I dry my hair with the blow-dryer, I use the palm of my hand to twirl the hair in circles near my scalp. This will tease/rat the hair close to the scalp, giving me volume, but leaving the ends unteased. It actually looks a bit like BJ's picture before I begin the taming process. And it doesn't take long in the mornings to achieve the style.

I think the style would look good on you. But before you get it cut, ask the stylist what would be involved in achieving the look each morning and make sure that you want to commit to that.

I'd love to see what you decide. Please come back and post pics for us.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here