Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shampoo For Color Treated Hair

Posted by katie56 (My Page) on
Fri, May 11, 07 at 18:02

What is a good shampoo for fine hair that is color treated?
Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shampoo For Color Treated Hair

I like Options by Framesi.

o

L'Oreal's Vive Pro Colour Care is excellent for my fine coloured hair. It has conditioners in it so I rarely use the matching conditioner. I also find that rotating shampoos seems to help give my hair more body.

o

I've been using Color Conserve by Aveda, it really works. Expensive but I buy the larger bottle with a pump, it makes it reasonable.

o

Look for one whose list of ingredients does *not* include "ammonium" or any form of that word.

Ammonia strips color.

If you can find one with no sodium laurel sulfate, that's even better;
it's a drying agent, too.

(Since I changed to a toothpaste with no sodium laurel sulfate, I almost never wake up with a dry mouth.)

o

I have dark hair with red highlights. Pureology products, purchased from my salon, are the only ones that keep my color vibrant. We have a pool, so I swim a lot during the summer months and the Pureology is the only product that I've used that keeps my color from fading between salon visits.

o

Tresseme works for me

o

OK, lets see. Respectfully, I disagree with ALL and ALL of those shampoos named here that people think is good for colored hair and I tell you why! ALL of these shampoos you mentioned ALL of them have Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate. You might buy a $200 bottle shampoo and then it says it is great for colored hair and if it has these Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate, then the most you should pay for it is less than a dollar! And then you only should use it to clean your concrete floor and where you change oil in your parking space!!!

Given that I have hair loss, as well as coloring my hair too, I ended up finding a shampoo that is light years better than these shampoos mentioned here. I got this shampoo NOT for my coloring, since I was DESPARATE for my hair loss I needed something to protect what I have first!!!LOL So I ended up using this proanagen shampoo and now I find other brands WORTHLESS and loaded with chems. Thank you and have a great colorful day. Their link is http://www.proanagen.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Great coloring shampoo!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here