Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! Do I need a different shampoo?

Posted by unclejack857 (My Page) on
Tue, May 4, 10 at 17:14

Hello, I hope their is someone who can help me! I joined just for this specific question! Ok, I'm a male and I have REALLY thick hair!! Women always say they wish they had my thick hair! Well, on a guy and me in particular I think it looks dumb! Whenever I wash it, it gets REALLY thick and I hate it! Needless to say I don't wash it nearly as much as I should! I just use the regular shampoo. No extra body for me!! The lady who cuts my hair usually does a pretty good job of thinning it out a little, but it's still pretty thick! I've never asked this question to anyone as it's kind of embarrassing!Is their any shampoo that will reduce the "body" or anything I can do? Any help is greatly appreciated! Dirty Hair Donnie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! Do I need a different shampoo?

Well here is what my DH says. He has really thick hair too.
He uses VO5 Regular. But he says after it hasn't been cut
for awhile nothing helps. He has to get his thinned too.

sheshe

o

I am female but I feel your pain - and while short hair does not necessarily suit my features - I can't go there (did years ago) but my hair is so thick and wavy I would look like a giant brillo pad within a week. My husband also has thick hair - but he does wash it everyday. I think you seriously need to re-think your haircut. I understand that your hair stylist is thinning out your hair - but there is thinning (as in the dreaded "pinking shears") or layering. I have layers so that when I wash it, it does have bounce, but isn't like a giant ball of hair (I keep it about 3 inches below my ears.) I use a shampoo for wavy, coloured hair (greyed in 20s - now 60) - auburn - so that is another problem. I could not go without washing my hair because with such thick hair it absorbs odours and I hate the flat look - and I usually wear a hat due to the darned auburn which will fade in a second. You might need to get a fully layered cut - one designed for a man of course - and go to have it cut at least every 4 weeks. I agree with the envy of many women -I get that too - too bad I am so hair challenged. You can also get some hair control products - a form of "mud" to use to help keep your hair under control. My husband does this as well.

o

Thanks all! I'll have to try the "mud". I guess I'll just have to get my hair cut more often too! Sorry I took so long to post a follow up, as I thought I would have gotten a reply message sent to my email? Thanks again! Jack

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here