Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Aveeno Products?

Posted by wodka (My Page) on
Thu, May 6, 10 at 17:14

I will be turning 60 this year and love trying new products. Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 30 was recently highly recommended in a fashion magazine, so I bought a bottle. Whoa! Let me say first that my skin is normally not sensitive, but this product left me with a very blistered, painful sunburned look. My face was so red and hurt so bad the only relief came from two Benadryl and a cold washcloth on my face for the rest of the day. What a waste of money. Has anyone else here had a similar reaction?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Aveeno Products?

No, but Clinique made my face spout oil like an offshore well. Different products affect people in various ways. Did you save your receipt?

Also, as we get a bit more mature, our skin changes. I can't use some products I always used.

o

I have problems with Oil Of Olay. It takes the skin off my
face and leaves big red sore patches. My mother had the same
problem with it.
There are so many chemicals in these things it would be
difficult to know which one it is that causes the problem.
I have used Aveeno foot soak with no problem but have not
tried the lotions.

o

Thanks for sharing your experiences. My sister had a similar reaction to the Aveeno (NOW she tells me - ha!) My face has calmed down since I stopped it, so it had to have been the cause of the irritation.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here