Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has Anyone Shopped Jewelry Television-JTV

Posted by ninos (My Page) on
Sat, May 12, 07 at 8:35

I was bored and channel surfing last year and the host Dawn really caught my eye. I began watching more often and started to compare prices in the stores. Most stores dont sell real gemstones and high end stores has limited quantity and they sell alot of created stones. So i began buying earrings for myself and love them. Most earring were fairly inexpensive($150 and under). Then i tried buying high end stuff and i sent everything back. They have a great return policy. I was very disappointed at the quality of the diamond studs(heavily included)and blue diamond studs(cracked within). Then i really wanted a Tanzanite ring. I have been looking for months at JTV and high end stores. Finally i bought one on JTV. It is a 1 1/2 carat Tanzanite with 1/2 carat diamonds. Its beautiful! Does anyone else shop JTV? What is your experiance?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has Anyone Shopped Jewelry Television-JTV

I always wondered about those shows; since you did the homework to compare, seems like good buys.

o

I've never bought anything off of those shows. I hate returning things so I like to see something first hand before I buy it.

o

About Jewelry Television, I bought a platinum 3/4 carat diamond ring several years ago and paid 500.00 for it. Had it appraised and it was appraised in Atlanta area for 1,600.00. VERY HAPPY!! Then I saw another one on JTV (Platinum diamond ring) but the size was wrong, so I wanted them to size it for me... I ask them to size it and they ruined it... I sent it back, INSURED and they gave me a run around about how they had not received it and when I told them I had sent it INSURED, then they told me they did not take rings back after they sized them. I then went to my credit card company with my complaint and got my money back. They had made the ring band so very uneven and thin I could bend it. Fair warning---do not have them size anything and do not believe every ring can be sized. Especially platinum. I never bought anything else after that and before I was a good customer. Buyer beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have shopped HSN, SNBC and QVC with absolutely NO problem, EVER. Maybe others have had problems with these other shopping networks, and good experiences with JT but this is my experience.

o

I have purchased items from JTV. Some good, some not so good. We recently returned an item because it was NOT like described, we got a refund but not a full one, they kept the $9.00 shipping charges.

We then purchased a different ring. When the package arrived, the ring box was EMPTY. We called, they said they would send us a form to sign and once we returned the form we would be sent the ring. Then we waited, when no new package arrived I called jtv customer service and was told our claim was denied and we would not be getting a refund or the ring. I was livid of course and within 5 minutes we had a different customer service rep on the phone who said it had all been a mistake, and that we would be getting a refund. Didn't want a refund, just wanted the ring, but refund was better than nothing. This time they also refunded the shipping charges.

I haven't decided if I will reorder the ring I want, but if I do, I am going to wait until AFTER it arrives to complain about not being refunded the shipping charges for the 1st item returned. They have some crappy customer service over there!

o

From what I read above, I would not be tempted to buy through them. It seems like hit or miss.

I have always found the gem business hard to understand, specially with diamonds it's hard for consumer to know what to look for , I prefer dealing with a store that's been in business for a long time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here