Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How matchy do you get with jewelry?

Posted by sjt2900 (My Page) on
Thu, May 14, 09 at 8:09

Would you match earrings, bracelet, and necklace? Or is that too much? Earrings and bracelet, or earrings and necklace only?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How matchy do you get with jewelry?

I think it depends on the jewelry. If it is big, bold eye-catching pieces, it might be better to substitute something coordinated but simpler for one of the pieces. That's just my two cents.

Tell us about the jewelry...

o

I go the opposite of matchy, I never buy the matching set.
I've stopped wearing earrings a few years ago, so I go bolder on the necklace, softer on the bracelet.

o

Because they are so close together I usually match earrings and necklace of the same type. Silver with silver, gold with gold,etc. They don't have to match to much in style but I do keep what they are made of matching. Bracelets, when I do wear them,are far enough away from my face that it is not that important to match up with the other items. NancyLouise

o

I'm looking at faux multi colored pearls. They're not terribly expensive, but they are muted colors and would go with just about everything. I can't figure out what to get. I'm definetly getting the earrings, and probably the bracelet, but I can't decide if I want to get the necklace or not, or what size, it comes in 18" or 20". I was thinking of getting all three. I'm sure I'd wear at least two of the item together, but was wondering if wearing all three would be too much. I usually wear all three pieces of jewelry, but never anything that actually matches except most of my jewelry is gold.

o

The plain of white pearls that I have do not match my earrings that are a sort of a medium tear drop with small diamonds. I do have a long strand of multi colored brown pearls with matching earrings. For some reason I think pearls should go together.

As for the other jewlerly that I wear, I would rather it not match in style. In color yes but not in style. I have some nice jewlery that I've had for years that are matching sets. I now just mix it up.

o

The more I looked at that jewelry, the less I thought I'd wear it. It's just not what I'm looking for.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here