Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Too old to be a fairy, but...

Posted by shelley_t (My Page) on
Thu, May 20, 10 at 0:32

Me and my daughter are hosting a tea for little girls at our church with a fairy theme. Lovely mossy greens, browns, whites.... Anyway, the problem is, my daughter (13) will dress in a kind of ballet looking fairy with costume like eye make-up and sparkles. I obviously can't and don't want to look like a fairy, but I'd like to ALLUDE to the idea and compliment my daughter's costume and makeup. I just did this same table before for an adult crowd and my friend and I just dressed in complementary colors. I have a brown top and straight moss green skirt. Not exactly the ethereal look I'd like for the little girl crowd. The makeup is really tripping me up, but sparkles seem the fast track to an airy ethereal look.

Ideas for clothing, hair, makeup?

Here's a photo... I'm in the brown shirt:
http://hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/hs447.snc3/25636_433760578241_615208241_5677358_6496979_n.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: facebook picture

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Too old to be a fairy, but...

How about a ring of flowers in your hair, with some more flowers or pretty ribbons hanging down in the back? Wear your hair down, not pulled back as in the photo (which looks nice but fairies' hair flies around, right? At least all the ones I've seen! LOL!) You could use fresh flowers but it probably be easier to go to Michaels or a similar place if you have one near you.

Do you have more of a "flowy" skirt, rather than a straight one? Maybe you could find something in a thrift shop. Or even if you found a loose, flowy dress, almost like a nightgown.

Maybe sandals on the feet, flower ring around one ankle?
Makeup would probably be like your daughter's.
Sparklies in your arms, shoulders if they show.

If you go to a thrift shop, check the costume jewelry to see if they have a flower, sun, moon or some such natural item which you could tie on a ribbon for a necklace.

Just my two cents. However you go, I'm sure you'll look wonderful. Lucky daughter to have such a great mom to plan this fun event. Let us know how it goes.

o
RE: Too old to be a fairy, but...

Shelly, you are NEVER too old to play dress up! Do whatever you want, I like Sock's ideas, but since it is make believe anyway, do it up your own way! Enjoy!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here