Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Did you like 'Princess' Catherine's dress???

Posted by lynn_r_ct (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 29, 11 at 20:45

Am I the only one who was disappointed? Not that she needed something as iconic as Diana's, but I would have liked to see something more interesting. This looked as if she could have bought it in David's Bridal. She is a pretty woman with a fabulous figure that could have pulled off anything, so I was really disappointed. Anyone else???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Did you like 'Princess' Catherine's dress???

She could have worn a potato sack and would have been gorgeous. It was an unconventionally beautiful dress, and I wasn't expecting it, but as long as she was happy than that makes it beautiful.

o

I liked the dress. It was elegant and very suitable for the occasion. Kate is a beautiful woman and evidently has a real sense of style. I'm sure she will be a "style leader" much as Diana was.

o

I liked the dress;
it had a sort of Medieval look that played up Kate's slender shape.

(but I think Harry was the cutest!)

o

If you read about it, there were lace panels designed to depict the symbols for the various countries that make up the British Isles. Impressive.

Frankly, I thought she looked beautiful. She had to have a dress that would be proper decorum for Westminster Abby. Even at that, I was pleased she did not try to go for the sexy, peek a boo style so many USA brides like.

I love to watch bridal dress shopping shows. So many brides select the cutting edge style you want, but they would be inappropriate for the church wedding there.

I do have to say that I thought Diana was a beautiful bride too. But I felt sorry for her that her gown was so wrinkled as she exited the coach that took her to St. Paul's. Her Spencer tiara and veil were so pretty on her.

o

I thought it was very pretty, if a little "sedate" but given her position as future queen of England and the venue, it was appropriate.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here