Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cross-body bags

Posted by tripletmom83 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 28, 13 at 20:03

I see that cross-body bags are pretty popular right now. I have never had one, but am tired of carrying a big heavy purse over my shoulder. I'd like to try a smallish cross-body bag, but I am almost 60 years old. Do you think this is too youthful a look for me? Do you think it would be better in a neutral shade, or should I get a pretty color for summer? I was thinking coral, or apricot. One of the worst things about getting older is trying to dress appropriately for your age without looking matronly. If it makes a difference, I am 5'4", with a smallish frame, size 8/10.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cross-body bags

I absolutely think you should try one, and in any fun color you want! I've always preferred wearing my bags across my body. Not only does it feel like a lighter load, but it leaves both hands free to shop. It's not going to slip off my shoulder and nobody can snatch it away. When I buy a purse with a nice long strap, I do make sure the bag is a little flat and not a bulky one. There are so many pretty Spring colors out there now. Have fun! And get some ballet flats to match!

o

Sounds like a good idea Sameboat. It's funny, I never thought I'd be the type to get "set in my ways". Used to be the one who was always changing hairstyles, makeup, fashion. Now that I'm older, I am more hesitant. But I think I'll take your advice, and get some new shoes to match.

o

Triplemom83, I don't think it's too youthful of a look for a nearly-60-year-old at all. I like the cross-body bags because they seem to balance the weight of the bag more evenly than a heavy purse. And coral or apricot sounds lovely! The style and color are certainly not age-limited.

o

I hope it isn't too young for you because I am 63 and I just bought two cute cross body bags at Target. AND I am tall and fat. Sooooo may not look right on me for sure!! I too have been carrying large heavy shoulder bags. Looking to lighten up.

o

There are some different types of bags are available in wholesale rate to shop at GotApparel, because they are not too much heavy to carry on, beautiful light colors and all ages person easily adjust to take them anywhere so easily.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here