SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lydia1959

New Drugstore Foundation Reviews

lydia1959
20 years ago

There are a lot of new foundations out and I went out and bought 4 to try since I was looking to replace my Cover Girl Aquasmooth whose lightest shade is too dark for my fair skin. I have normal skin with some oily and dry patches, am prone to acne and have a lot of large pores and a really splotchy skin tone. First I tried Cover Girl's TruBlend in Ivory. At first it looked way too light, but as it dried it matched my skin tone well. If you try this, put it on and wait about 5 minutes for it to "set". It seemed to wear well, looks natural, but didn't offer me the coverage I needed. Next I purchased Maybelline Everfresh makeup in Buff, which is a little dark for me but the next lightest shade that my Walmart carried looked like it would be too light. It wears very well, provides medium coverage and does look "fresh" all day. If I could find a good color match, I'd buy this again. Next I tried the L'Oreal True Match in W2, lots and lots of color choices in this, but I found it didn't have the staying power that I need. A few hours of laundry and housecleaning left me looking like I hadn't applied makeup at all. My last foundation was L'Oreal Visible Lift in soft Ivory. This is a extra coverage makeup which blends in very well. It covered my skin discoloration, didn't emphasis my large pores, lasts most of the day. My only complaint is it's overly dewy finish. Over all I really like the finished look it gives me. I think this is my new foundation!

Anyone else try any new foundations and want to share your thoughts?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Ohio