Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Makeup w/ salicyclic acid

Posted by cisquito (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 15, 08 at 15:58

I know of drugstore brands that carry a line of makeup w/ salicylic acid in it. I have a problem w/ those since I have to guess which foundation and powder will match my skin tone. So far I've tried 3 and it's either too dark, too light or too pink. Does anyone know if there are any department store brands that have salicylic acid in their makeup?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Makeup w/ salicyclic acid

Salicylic acid is usually used in formulas for acne-prone skin. Look for products that say "skin clearing" or something like that on them, and check the ingredient listing. Salicylic acid is the most common beta-hydroxy acid (BHA), so it may be listed as that.

The other thing you could do is use a moisturizer that contains salicylic acid and put on makeup over it. I use Bare Vitamins Skin Revver-upper by Bare Escentuals, and it contains it.

o
RE: Makeup w/ salicyclic acid

You might want to check out Erno Laszlo's Absolute Finish - it is a mousse like foundation that "exfoliates" the skin. I absolutely can't use it or anything that exfoliates or anything with acid. If you check the Laszlo website and maybe ask the Beauty Advisor you might be able to get some help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here