Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
anti aging products

Posted by luvmypets (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 13, 11 at 15:48

How are you supposed to know what works? Its insane the amount of products & promises. Or is it all ineffective? so i guess what it comes down to the only real solution is fillers and surgery, so you get what you pay for!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: anti aging products

I have been using Roc night cream (has retinol) and everyone comments on my skin - I am 63 and my skin has the radiance of someone a lot younger - I have no wrinkles at all. I also use Pond's cold cream to remove make up (which I use everyday - even in the yard) and then a use a buff puff with Cetaphil (not soap) to wash my face, then apply the Roc cream - It works, otherwise no one would comment on my skin - has to be that because I should have way more dry skin and wrinkles than I do at my age.

I have never used soap on my face (only Cetaphil) and have used a buff puff for years... it helps smooth and soften my complexion - I swear by all three products

Carrie

o

having seen my mom's skin, who didn't have sunblock, and whose beauty creams were four different kinds of petroleum jelly?

I think the only thing that might have improved her skin (which was consistently 20 years younger than she was) was sunblock.

if you're looking for something to undo damage? exfoliation is your best bet - gentle, regular exfoliation, whether mechanical (baking soda) or chemical (yogurt, papaya or other hydroxy-acidn sources)

my worry with fillers is that if you put caulk in a crack, the crack will then flex on 'both' sides of that caulk, and increase the damage in the long term.

me? I'm sticking with kitchen-witchery, sunblock, and Oil of Olay.

o

Hi Ladies, I'm new here and beauty is my specialty. There are definitely a ton to choose from and not all work as well as others. But to answer luvmypets statement: no, not all of the products are ineffective.

I actually wrote a piece on anti-aging on my beauty blog, but I'm afraid to show you the link for fear of violating the advertising rules (even thought it is a link to a blog post not selling). Essentially what I said is starting early to take care of your skin will help fight the hands of time as well as using sunblock, and lastly... moisturize moisturize moisturize!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here