Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What shoes with this pantsuit?

Posted by socks12345 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 1, 07 at 15:23

Below is a pantsuit I got to wear to my sons college graduation coming up soon. I got the blue, but I don't like the shoes shown on the model. They look like slippers. What would look nice, a low heel of some kind? What color?

I have sore, tired, worn-out feet so a strappy sandal won't work.

Thanks. Susan

(I'm posting so jbkidd won't get mad and go away, so jb, I'll be waiting for your input!! LOL!)

Here is a link that might be useful: pantsuit

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What shoes with this pantsuit?

A nice sandal or strappy low heeled shoe may look nice.

o

Either one would probably work; however the black one would have to be a beige or a blue color.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

The model has a ballet flat on. They are very popular at the moment. I think a metallic shoe would be nice. Low, if you don't want an open toe sandal, look for something low heeled, but light and summery looking. I don't like the model's shoe, it makes the outfit look a bit matronly. I think the ballet flats look better on younger women and only with certain outfits (not the pantsuit shown).

Two places for ideas online: Nordstrom.com and Talbots.com. Both carry nice shoes. You don't have to buy from them, but you could get an idea of what may work.

I have a pair of Sesto Mucci low healed-type sandal. They are closed toe but sort of an open weave of two toned metallic leather. They were an investment indeed (Nordstrom), but I have gotten more mileage out of them. I have been wearing them now for 5 summer seasons. They have paid for themselves. Instead of paying $20 at Payless for one season out of a shoe, I have a timeless shoe that I will wear for as long as I can, and then I will have them resoled. Metallic can be worn dressed up or with a nice pair of black slacks, long black evening skirt or dress, capris, flood slacks or even shorts for that matter.

I hope you find something you really like!

o

Well, this is a college graduation, I've been to both my children's and their now spouses at that time signifivant other. Lots of standing and walking and you don't need to dress in sparkles like a cocktail party
You need something comfortable and preferably rubber soled. I love Romu's by Helle....a bit pricy but they fit me and since I broke my ankle I need support if I am on my feet....and a cushy sole.
You need something in a neutral light color an open back would be good. Short heel....and comfortable! It will likely be a long day.
Oh....and congratulate your son....and you too.
Linda C

o

Ok, thanks all! The outfit may be a bit casual, but I'm sure it will be fine with some nice jewelry and better shoes than shown. I'm not in the dress mode too much any more.

o

Nice outfit, how about these shoes?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Or these:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

Ditoo what Linda said,, think COMFORT..there will be lots of walking.. usually parking is a problem and the stadium or Auditorium where the graduation is held is never close.

o

shaun, I like the first shoe, the wedge; I think the second one says flip flop, too casual.

o

Yes, I think the first one would be just right for that outfit.

If OP is interested, that shoe is at zappos.com and it's an Aerosole (known for comfort).

o

I think a low wedge is very comfortable. I have bunions that howl to the moon and a wedge works for me! There are some really cute summer shoes this year that aren't "strappy".

o

Definitely something flat or almost flat since your outfit is very casual - a sandel type shoe would work.

o

The computer would not allow me to look at the shoes Zoewolf was kind enough to share. Sorry.

Shaun, I think the first shoe you posted would be really cute, but I could not walk one step in them. The others are a little too casual.

Here's what I got in the natural color. I hope everyone here approves!

Here is a link that might be useful: Baley shoe

o

those are perfect, good choice.

o

Thanks, Mitchdesj. They are practical enough that I can walk in them, yet have a little style.

o

Report on Graduation

The weather didn't cooperate...first it was windy and very cold (44 degrees). Ceremony was outside, and it snowed on us for about 10 minutes, then rain. The ceremony was put on super fast forward, we took 30 seconds of pictures and ran to the car. I could have been wearing a monkey suit and combat boots and no one would have noticed!! LOL! Oh well, it makes a good family story.

o

wow, that's too bad!! so much is dependent on weather for those things.
so now you have the shoes ready for the outfit for more clement weather occasions, lol....

o

Yes, I have a great outfit ready to go for Mother's Day! And it's already had a trial run.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here