Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recommendations for Quality Power Brush?

Posted by Jodi_in_So_Calif (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 5, 03 at 14:50

I'm looking for recommmendations for a quality face powder/blush brush (full-size, not travel or purse size).

I would like one that doesn't shed, or at least one with light-colored hairs so if it does shed and I don't notice (I'm half blind :-),
I won't be walking around with black hairs on my face all day. LOL

Brand names and approximate cost would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jodi-

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recommendations for Quality Power Brush?

Most eyeshadow brushes are light color but I haven't seen a powder or blush brush in light color. And I'm not sure if 100% shed-free brushes are out there. You can go to sephora.com to see what kind of brushes they've. One of the best brand is Trish McEvoy, very expensive. Mac is not bad. At ulta.com check out Japonesque brand. From drugstore new Loreal brushes are good, so are Sonia Kashuk (Target), Prestige and Maybelline. Paula's Choice brushes are very soft but I had no luck with her brush blush. I could have gotten a bad one since most people raved her brushes.

o

Thanks for your suggestions Krisb. I'll start my research with your input in mind.

Jodi-

o

Makeup artists often use Shu Umura brushes. They're supposed to be the best quality, if pricier (but sometimes you get what you pay for).

o

I've been using the Basic Minerals foundation and it is applied with a brush. Mine came with a large round brush that also shed on my face a bit. I just bought one of their brushes that is flat with a rounded tip, about an inch wide, and bright orange colored bristles. It gives much more coverage, like painting the powders on my face. So far, it hasn't shed at all. I now use the round brush to lightly blend the foundation and blush so it doesn't shed as much as when I was using it to burnish the foundation for coverage.

The new brush was under $20 - around $18 as I recall.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here