Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Difficulty Finding Dress Pants for Work

Posted by sameboat (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 14, 13 at 14:23

Does anyone else hate the new low-rise cut pants that are out in the stores now? I am looking for just regular dress pants for work, slacks. All of the styles are these low-rise pants that button right at the fattest part of my belly just below my belly button. They have a huge gap in the back, would show butt crack, and look and feel just awfully uncomfortable! I've been to Marshall's, TJMaxx, etc. and they all only have this style. I am not looking for the "mom jeans" style, just something that butons at the waist and pulls in my tummy. I've resorted to only wearing skirts. Any ideas on where to shop? I am on the North Shore in MA. I've tried the malls, too. Geesh!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Difficulty Finding Dress Pants for Work

Do you have a Kohl's there? I have a few pairs of pants from a brand called Apt 9 that fit nicely. I too dislike the low cut pants. They give me "muffin top" . If you find the Api 9 brand try on a few, They have different styles, and even some with the same name (ie,modern fit) are different.

o

Yes we have Kohl's too! I wear the petite sizes and I tried looking there too. I will have to wait a few weeks and try again. When I went last time they only had the three-quarter length pants, clam digger style for Spring/Summer and those aren't appropriate for work. I do love the dresses there! I am wearing Briggs NY pants right now, they are perfect and I might have found them at Kohl's but years ago. I have heard of Apt. 9. I am hoping they get some nice colors in for Spring other than black and brown. Thank you! I might be trying Sears or JC Penny next...

o

every pair of pants I own are either J Peterman (which will tend to be too high-waisted for you) or Jones New York - and they do have the 'secret panel' on most of their choices.

and it's spring - get their winter colors on clearance, get brighter stuff in the fall.

o

Shop on GotApparel and I hope you may get your favorite dress pant over there in discount rate to shop. Gotapparel offers some nice kinds of dress shirts too which really make a good suit for you.

o

Jones NY has a pant that I like that seems to fit better than most for me. The style is called "Lexington". Macys carries them and if you have time to shop you can catch them on clearance sometimes. They actually fit right below that waist. I also hate the way so many styles out there hit right below the belly button, which is the biggest part for a lot of women. Not flattering for most of us. It seems like the designers and buyers are not thinking of us Baby Boomers!

o

Are you on the curvy side with a booty and thighs but smaller waist? If so, my go to pants are the Banana Republic Jackson fit. Unfortunately, they aren't as popular as their other styles so they will only have a couple fabric choices per season. On the plus side, they are typically very classic.

o

Are you on the curvy side with a booty and thighs but smaller waist? If so, my go to pants are the Banana Republic Jackson fit. Unfortunately, they aren't as popular as their other styles so they will only have a couple fabric choices per season. On the plus side, they are typically very classic.

o

I have no butt and I don't go "in" at the waist. That's why all the new modern styles don't fit! Size 6 and I'm short.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here