Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pros and Cons of facial hair waxing Please.

Posted by simply_shelia (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 21, 03 at 13:40

The last couple of years I have gotten alot of those unsightly facial hairs.Not too noticeable to others really mainly me.I pluck the few that are dark and coarse.But I'd like to remove alot of the fine hair and have that smooth look.So tell me how this works and give me some tips and cautions.I did try one type years ago by Sally Hansen.OUCH!It burned so bad never again.And it left my face red for several days.So that pretty much did me in.Thanks so much for any and all input.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pros and Cons of facial hair waxing Please.

I use a wax product you can melt over LOW heat. It does hurt--all waxing does to some extent. Use A&D diaper ointment over the waxed area to help with skin problems.

o

Thanks Sheilajoyce.

o

If you really dont want to wax I suggest Nair. Its amazing how they have improved their formula recently-- I remember just a couple years ago when it burned the skin and smelt terrible. Its one product I never thought Id be able to recommend, but it has really come a long way.

-Devon

o

facial waxing isn't something that you want to do yourself...trust me. my hairs you need a pair of pliers to unseat...but if your hair's not like mine, the Sally Hansen cold wax strips work pretty well...get together with a friend, and do each other (just make sure you pick a brave one- it DOES hurt, and it DOES take some strength to yank the strips off) and a&d lotion's a good follow up.

o

my daughter just had her eyebrows waxed yesterday... she has a shiny film left over where the wax was and has a little raised pimple like areas ... how do we get rid of the film????

o

I have no idea what the "film" is--did you wipe the area with alcohol or hydrogen peroxide? As for the pimples, my dermatologist told me that's the skin's reaction to the "trauma" of waxing, and can be prevented by using a little over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream right after the waxing is done (and NOT letting the salon put on a lotion that contains fragrance, which is irritating to some of us).

o

I've never heard of a film either. Although I have had a couple dark complected people loose the color in their skin and look whiter...makeup wouldn't adhere to it. Very wierd.

Some people never get pimples and others have sensitive skin. Some of it is technique and/or type of wax, as well as skin type.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here