Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Problem wearing shoes without socks - HELP

Posted by peabody1 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 30, 13 at 12:58

I have a problem when I try to wear shoes without socks. The inside of the shoes eventually come out. I have tried supposed "no show" socks, but you could still see them. I would love to go around like everyone else, but I don't understand why my feet cause the insides of my shoes to come out. Do others have that problem? How do you solve it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Problem wearing shoes without socks - HELP

Do your toes stick to the bottom of the inside of the shoe? I wear little ped-like toe covers that only slip over your toes. I'm sorry I forget where I got them but I think they are Dr. Scolls or something. I think they were from a regular drugstore like CVS. Maybe Walmart?

o

Try rubbing baby powder or foot powder on your feet before you put on your shoes. I think you'll find that makes going sockless more comfortable too.

o

Thanks for the suggestions.

sameboat - I called Dr. Scholl's and they didn't have any idea what I was talking about. They don't have anything that fits over your toes. The drug store didn't know either. Can you describe them more? What are they made for? What do they look like?

tripletmom83 - I haven't been able to use any powders because I have asthma and powders bother me.

o

I’m thinking it might be perspiration that’s moistening your skin and making it stick to the insole. Believe it or not, if you brew a small pot of really strong orange pekoe tea (it can even be decaf tea if you want) and pour it into a tub of water (it doesn’t have to be hot), then soak your feet for about 20 minutes, your feet won’t perspire for days. Really, it works.

As for the toe covers, I found them here, here, and here.

o

I googled mine and they came up as "pump pouches". They are cushy but thicker than the ones in the links from Crackermoo. I think I'd much prefer the " toe covers" that are shown in Crackermoo's links - especially for summertime!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here