Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nylons and shoes for cream colored business suit

Posted by sameboat (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 4, 09 at 11:42

I just purchased a beautiful cream-colored business suit. I just don't know what color shoe and nylon to wear. It's too early for white/cream shoes and dark nylons are out. I can't go without nylons and yet I read that women over 40 should not wear pantyhose unless they are black (oh NO!). So the suit sits in my closet. I used to have brown suede boots that I would have worn but there aren't any in the stores this time of year.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nylons and shoes for cream colored business suit

By suit..is it a skirt suit or a pant suit? I would probably try to get some cream colored pumps that match and wear nude colored hose with it. It's not too early for cream colored shoes -- you can wear those year round. I'm pretty sure it's just plain white that you should stay away from. You could also try some tan shoes that are in the same color family but just a darker shade.

Theorectically you may even be able to pull off black if you accessorize correctly. Add a black necklace and purse, etc... It's hard without seeing the outfit. I'd probably try to stick with nude hose though especially for business.

o

It's a skirt and matching suit jacket. Maybe I'll look for a camel brown color pump. Or even a spectator with cream and camel.

o

Nude pantyhose would be ideal.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here