Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wedding shoes

Posted by arizonarose (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 17, 11 at 11:19

Hi, We are having a riverboat wedding in Sept., Can someone suggest what shoes I should wear. I was thinking a flat white sandal with maybe some rhinestones...not sure. Do I need to wear white shoes? The dress is long and cotton , with spaggeti straps. I would like to post a picture but don't see that option.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wedding shoes

Wear whatever is comfortable for a night of celebrating and dancing. Congrats!

o

Thanks Michelle! I'm leaning towards the flats...though fiance wants me to wear heels...

o

Then definitely go for the flats, if your dress has sparkles on it then the shoes would be fine with rhinestones, but if it is simple with no frills than a plain shoe would be appropriate.

o

Thanks, I didn't think about that...The dress is a hawaiian beach dress...B/F's shirt is made from the same fabric. You are so right about the no frills. Most of the heels I've looked at are satin and I didn't think that would look good either. It should be easy to find a plain white sandal..thanks again!

o

This might help!

Here is a link that might be useful: white sandals

o

Thank you for the link! I'm sure I'll be able to find the perfect shoe. Now I'm looking at hair accessories too. This is so much fun :-)

o

Most wedding shoes are satin or silk, but there are a few styles available in leather. Wedding Shoes are available in both ivory and white, although there is considerably less choice if you are looking for white bridal shoes

o

I think you should wear flats or wedge. I don't wear heels in weddings because I'm not comfortable in walking. I always wanted to seat because my toes and feet are swollen. I promise myself not to wear heels again and now I'm in love with flats and wedges. It is very comfortable to use and you can wear it in any occasion.

o

go with flats, you wouldnt have hard time dancing ;)

o

The wedding was in 2011....

o

That's correct, flat shoes is best for wedding to make you feel more comfortable but if we wish to look more elegant you can wear at least 2 inch closed shoes say a white shoes or silver shoes that will match the wedding gown. Wedge can also be okay.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here