Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How Do You Find A Good Hairdresser

Posted by goldensmom (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 20, 06 at 10:55

I am so fed up with my hairdresser. I have been going to her for 2 years and I never know what to expect when I walk out. Sometimes its great and other times its a mess but this last time broke the camel's back. I look at other people's haircut and ask them where they go but its always "I'm not from here" or in another town.
Are you happy with your hairdresser and if so how did you find her?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How Do You Find A Good Hairdresser

I find her just the way you said...ask someone who has hair you like. Keep trying. Or you can just go potluck and keep trying people until you get lucky. The first way is better.

o
RE: How Do You Find A Good Hairdresser

I agree the best way is by finding someone with a great cut and asking them who did it. Make sure they have the same type hair as you too. Thick hair with lots of body won't look the same as someone with slick straight hair. It seems obvious, but sometimes people pick out styles that just aren't going to work well with their hair.

Some salons have ongoing training for stylists, or have apprenticeships for new people. While not always the case, you will most likely find a well trained stylist that is up to date with the newest styles in these shops.

If you haven't been happy for two years and don't know what to expect it's time to leave, but remember everyone including the best stylists have off days too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here