Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lipstick and whiter looking teeth

Posted by MzMint (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 22, 03 at 22:38

Which color in lipstick makes teeth appear whiter? Is it the mauves or the oranges. Anyone remember, I cannot. thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lipstick and whiter looking teeth

I'm guessing, but I'd think the mauves. I'd think orange would bring out the yellow rather than contrast it.

o

It is the shades with the bluest hues. Look at a shade and try to determine if it is more purple or more orange. If it is more purple, it is a blue based color and will make teeth appear whiter. The best you can do is find a red shade with a blue base.

-Devon

o

I have found that a good raspberry color gloss is the best. It has the 'blue' undertones to it and is very complimentary to all skin tones plus makes the teeth look whiter.

I'd avoid the orange-y liptones. Peach is pretty but sometimes it washes out the complexion and makes teeth appear less white.

- darkeyedgirl

o

I wear a deep red..just short of any purple tint. It's really a pain to find. But it makes my teeth look very white. I never wear lipstick with any hint of orange. Bright pink doesn't hurt teeth color, but the deep maroon (not quite maroon)LOL red is very nice.
Also a little darker base makeup helps too.
Kris

o

My rep. just told me that Avon has new lipsticks coming out that make teeth look whiter/brighter in another month or so. All have blue tone ie. plumberry, cranberry, violet. These lipsticks also have fresh mint scent.

o

Thanks... I think I have lots of orange tone and thought it was not the best

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here