SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
panzees36

Schlerotherapy

panzees36
21 years ago

Has anyone had this done for spider or varicose veins?If so,how expensive is it and were the results good?

Comments (11)

• MsDevon
    21 years ago

Id like to know as well...
    _devon

• krisb_tx8
    21 years ago

Never had this. Here's the recent article from Marie Claire magazine. The lady (tester) had it done in New York, $350 per visit. She said it was painful because the needles were not small but worth it. After the legs got shot, they were wrapped with Ace bandages for 12 hours and wear support hose ($55) for 3 to 4 days. HTH.

• thatgirl
    21 years ago

I'm having it done wed, apr 23

• MsDevon
    21 years ago

let us know what happens...and good luck.
    _devon

• thatgirl
    20 years ago

I had my veins done. I'm still a bit bruised but I have made an appt in 6 weeks to have it done again. Several of the veins on the outside of my legs are gone but the biggest one has faded but is still there. A second treatment should get it. I would recommend it!

• Jaime
    20 years ago

Not that, but I've had big varicose veins on the inside of my thigh surgically removed, if that will help any. It's been two years now and all I have are 6 little scars, about a centimeter in length and very unnoticable. And honestly the best part about it, besides the look, is that I have not had a varicose vein leg ache since. Jaime

• thatgirl
    20 years ago

I'm not even going to have a second treatment. After my bruises cleared up all the spider veins were gone or not noticeable!

• MsDevon
    20 years ago

Thatgirl,
    Can I please be nosey and ask what you paid? Congratulations on the sucess of the procedure. TIA

-Devon

• thatgirl
    20 years ago

354 for an hour treatment. All other treatments are at 6 week intervals and are 129 each. I'm not going to do any more now 'cause he got the really bad ones.

• jeannettec
    18 years ago

The brochure on schlerotherapy I got from my doctor says that a staining under the skin can occur (from the iron in the blood that leaks out) and that it can take 6-12 months for the body to reabsorb the iron. The staining is most likely to occur with larger veins, which I have. Did anyone have this staining occur? Can it be covered with make-up or self-tanner? If it looks as bad as the veins, then maybe I'll wait to have this done. Thanks.

• riverrat1
    18 years ago

I had to have iron shots in the rear end when I was preggers with my first DD. That was 27 years ago. I remember that iron staining on my rear end lasting for several years. I'm not sure if it's the same thing but something to think about.

Sponsored
Designing Beautiful, Sustainable Homes in Columbus