Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Avon's Anew Retroactive

Posted by Wanda_Illinois (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 22, 03 at 19:33

Just wondering if anyone has used avons facial cremes. They have anew ultimate, and they have a facial creme and eye creme call anew retroactive. I have heard that it has been in alot of magazines and one of the top . Thinking about ordering it as i need a new face creme. I have used Mary Kaye for years, i really like it, but want to try something different. Avon has this product on sale right now.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Avon's Anew Retroactive

I use Ultimate, Retroactive cream and eye serum and just got the body cream too. Ultimate is for above 30's for toning, firming, glowing skin. It's matte and need moisturizer over it. Retroactive is for all skin type. It's moisturizing enough. The eye serum is light, you only need two drops for both eyes, the bottle will last you for looooong time, maybe 6 months. The other wonderful eye cream is Force Extra Triple Lifting Eye cream, you can see that lines are much smoother and firm in the morning.

o

Anew Ultimate has certainly gotten a lot of press, but I'm not sure I would agree that it lives up to its hype. For one thing, it says Keep Out of Reach of Children. What's that all about? Also, you're not supposed to get it near your eyes. Makes me wonder how healthy this stuff is. For that price ($30), it ought to be edible! I've been using it since November and can't say my skin looks any different.

I have the Retroactive, too, which appears to be lighter in texture. It leaves a shiny film on my face.

My favorite skin creams are still the ones I get from the health food store: Jason's Ester C creme every day (sooo hydrating, with a matte finish), Kiss My Face Peaches and Creme 8% Alpha Hydroxy occasionally, and all the other Kiss My Face products whenever.

Susan

o

I believe most of the cosmetics/skincare products have this warning for safety precaution and lawsuit. My Olay products have this warning too. They also have warning not to get into eyes area. It's common, isn't it? This is not eye drops. My Clinique Total Turnaround also said to avoid eyes area and this costs more than Ultimate. I use Ultimate and Retroactive on my eyes area without problem, never got them into my eyes. I think Avon has decent price compared to other brands in the market, healthstore finds or dept. store. Avon is the first company to market AHA product. I don't think you can expect one cream to work for everyone, that's why there are tons of stuff out there to pick. For now Avon products work for me, I'm on the third jar of Retroactive and second jar of Ultimate. I strayed away from Retroactive once and my skin wasn't as nice as when I was using it. I'm glad KMF products work for you, not all people can use botanical products.

o
Ultimate, etc.

Kris, I don't feel negative about Anew--I still use it regularly and will for quite some time as I have a lot of it--but if I had to choose between Anew and Ester-C, the latter would win hands down. On the other hand, my daughter swears by Avon skin creams. I agree with you that it's an entirely individual matter, just like diet.

Susan

o

Thanks guys, guess i will go ahead and order some and try it. They have a good deal going now, and of course my sister is a avon rep. There are so many products on the market, its hard to decide what to use, and do you believe whats in the magazine. Thats why this board is great, you can get advice from people that have really used the product. Thanks again, Wanda

o

A friend has been using Avon Anew Clinical and she says the lines around her mouth had disappeared in just a couple of weeks. I looked on the net to try to find out what's in it and any opinions of users and I ran across sales on ebay for as low as $10. No guarantees on the product but if you already like it or want to try it for less than the going price, check it out. Also saw info on Ultimate and your comments are certainly interesting.

o

SPFs irritate eyes. So lotions with them say to keep it away from the eyes. I did not read the directions once, and boy,did my eyes sting for hours.

o

I've been using Anew creams since they came out years ago. One guy I used to work with asked me what I used on my face. He said my complexion looked great. I always have 2 jars so I never run out. Other moisturizers made my face break out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here