SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vieja_gw

haircut before a perm..?

vieja_gw
13 years ago

I have always asked & until just recently always got... my hair cut before my perm. I feel I could see what the hair cut/shape looked like after the cut but before the perm. Now almost everywhere they refuse to cut before the perm even if it is longer & I want it shorter. After the perm, for one thing a lot of the perm will be cut off esp. if there is a lot of hair to trim off... and at least the tightest (end)permed parts will be cut off. It is difficult to actually see what the shape looks like ... until you shampoo it a couple times & find flaws in the shape & length. Why do they refuse to do this now all of a sudden? Oh, I am told they might cut it too short if done before the perm but I think it really is that it is easier for them to roll the uncut old permed hair & it is easier to conceal a bad haircut when done after the perm. I even offer to sign a waiver if they will do it my way but they refuse! Thankfully, I now go to a beauty school where the students are allowed to do what patrons want though it does take upwards of four hours for me but I at least don't go home & cry as I used to do afterwards!

Anyone else have this problem?

Comments (2)

Sponsored