Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fake mascara?

Posted by gellchom (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 9, 06 at 17:33

I love the Diorshow mascara I bought last summer, but it's expensive. So I ordered one from an Ebay retailer with a very good rating and lots of sales. It came today, and it looks a little different from the one I'm replacing. The markings on the tube and the little sticker at the end are a little different, the "CD" on the cap is blue instead of black, there are fewer turns to the screw top, and the brush itself looks a little smaller. It looks like a good quality mascara, and I found nothing on the web about counterfeit cosmetics, so I'm wondering if Dior just changed their packaging a little.

What do you think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fake mascara?

I would go to a reputable retailer, and see what they are selling. If the packaging has changed, it should match what you received from the ebay seller.

o
RE: Fake mascara?

Here's what I found out, in case anyone else is following this thread:
First I learned from Dior that they did indeed change their packaging.
Then I heard from the Ebay retailer. She checked with her supplier, and learned that the batch she bought is real Dior, but it was purchased in Poland, where both the formula and packaging are different. I don't care about the packaging, but I tried the mascara, and I don't like it. It looks okay when I put it on, but it is really strange when I wash it off -- it leaves black "lint" and lashes -- I hope not my real ones -- all over my face. The seller is very nice and said she would be happy to refund my money. No wonder she has a 99.9% positive rating!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here