Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Baby wipes to remove make up?

Posted by arkansas_girl (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 16, 07 at 17:00

I was reading a post about beauty tips and several people said they liked baby wipes to remove their make-up but noone said which ones were good. I know there are sooooo many different ones out and they are all different I'd like to know if there's a certain one that's best. A while back I tried one but wasn't too impressed so I figure I got the wrong thing. They also said they will remove stains from fabrics too. Any favorites? I'm currently using a makeup remover cloth that works pretty good.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Baby wipes to remove make up?

I would use a brand that is unscented. Also a name brand, like Pampers because they are thicker and more cloth like than cheap store brands or off brands.

o

Some have mineral oil in them which helps cut mascara, but mineral oil is not a good thing for your complexion, to smear all over your face.

o

Mineral oil?...that makes sense why some remove make-up, I didn't think about that, I'm allergic to mineral oil! I better check the ingredients first! Thanks!

o

Most of them will also contain Propylene Glycol, a harmful chemical that is used in anti-freeze solutions, hydraulic fluids, and as a solvent. They are harmful by skin absorption but still widely used as they are cheap and they do the job, and they're allowed! Not to mention other chemicals like paraben!

o

They are better than not removing your makeup at night before you go to sleep. Okay to use in an emergency if you are exhausted, perhaps. If so, I'd still take a cotton pad and some toner and go over my face and apply moisturizer afterward. Or even rinse the baby wipe out in warm water and wipe my face again to remove the residue.

o

Why not use a product made for this purpose? I think Ponds, Neutrogena and maybe even Oil of Olay make disposable wipes for this purpose. Are baby wipes cheaper?

o

Yes, cheaper. And larger.

o

When my kids were babies, the pediatrician told me not to use baby wipes on them because they are too irritating to the skin. He told me to carry wet paper towels in a plastic container instead, so I certainly wouldn't wash my face with them.

o

Huggies makes a new "green tea and cucumber" wipe that is nice and works well.

o

Isn't that only a "green tea and cucumber" scent?? Not the real stuff?

o

I used to do this and it started breaking my face out.I think avoid any with alcohol.

o

Most cosmetic stuff isn't "real" Bud.LOL But the stuff smells and feels pleasant on the skin.

o

Do you know that a single ingredient like frangance can be made up of hundreds of different chemicals in itself? It may cause headaches, dizziness, rash, skin pigmentation and irritation, etc. But we won't normally associate these problems with the daily products that we use...

o

I use these to clean my dog - they are so convenient to have in the car, etc. But I can't imagine they'd be any good for removing makeup - they are very mild and hardly have any cleanser in them. Basically they are just wet towels!

o

Posted by wildchild: Most cosmetic stuff isn't "real" Bud. LOL But the stuff smells and feels pleasant on the skin.
++++

Yes, you are correct. Most front lables that say "cucumber" or "lemon" or "lavander" or "coconaut" are not the real stuff. But some are, and those are the ones you want to buy.

Check lables. Look on the back lable at the ingredients.

Lots of products do have real cucumber in them:

http://www.healthfoodemporium.com/prod_page.php?id=128

Best though is to make your own and keep it in the fridge. Google *cucumber facials* for lots of recipes. Cucumber has always been known for its restorative properties to skin.

o

We have found that the best face cleaner-makeup remover is witch hazel on a circular facial pad. It's a good toner, cleaner, pore minimizer and helps shrink skin tags for those that have that problem. Baby wipes may be handy and cheap but why risk breakouts or allergies?

o

Yes, the baby wipes are cheaper. And they made my skin break out. I like the Ponds wipes. But I basically use them as a first step in removing stage or film makeup. Then I steam my face for a minute (or splash with hot water 30 times) and wash with Murad Clarifying Cleanser. Then I use 70% isopropyl alcohol as a cheap astringent which works for me, but may be too harsh for many people. Then I apply my treatment products. Yeah, it takes time and effort, but the results are worthwhile.

o

I have been using baby wipes for years to remove make up, and refresh my face in the morning.I like White Cloud lightly scented best, it has a pleasant smell like vanilla after it dries.Some of the unscented kinds really stink! I will use any brand however, and have never had a problem. I figure if it is gentle enough for a baby's tooshy, it is gentle enough for face as well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here