Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anybody use pink lipstick?

Posted by pump_toad (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 5, 07 at 16:48

I am wondering if anyone has a favorite shade of pink lipstick and if so what brand and shade. I am not looking for a gloss just a pretty pink. So many of the lipsticks popular are just too dark for me.
Lois

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anybody use pink lipstick?

Yea, my favorite shade of pink is made by Wild and Crazy(cheap) and the shade is "Hotty" C148 (I think). I have used it so much, that the writting is kinda smeared.

o

I like a shade by Maybelline from their Wet Diamonds collection. Ruby Desire is wonderful for me; I have very fair skin and caramely brown hair. I've been through about 20 tubes so far.

o

Well, guess there are not many pink lipstick users.Probably that is why Lancome and others have the dark shades of lipstick in their free gifts with purchase.
Thanks to you both.
Lois

o

I like brownish pinks so that it looks like a natural lip color; I avoid orangy bases. I'm also looking for a nice pink, lighter but not too light.
If you try the sheer colorsticks, you might not find them so dark.

I'm using right now a clinique stick that is called "almost blush", it looks dark but goes on sheer so it's just right.
You might like some of their other shades of that type, it's a long slender tube, not the regular lipstick size.

o

I like luxe which is a nuetral brown, but looks pinkish on my lips.

I also like a couple of the pink shades Mary Kay carries. They stay on better than Lancomes and less expesive. I wish I knew the name, but one of them is a fairly vivid blue pink, but with a peachy or beige gloss over it I love it.

o

I use any color of pink, i wear alot of pink so it's all good to me...

o

I love all pinks for spring and summer. I also like it to stay put. I always use Revlon Colorstay since you can put it on for an evening out and wakeup with it on! I just picked up a nice natural pink called Eternal Petal. It is very close to my own lip color. That said, I also like the pinks that are lighter and more shimmery.

I've just ordered a pink from Avon - I think its called Twig that all the gals at work wear. It's also a pretty natural looking pink, and I am hoping it looks as good on me as it does the gals I've seen it on.

o

Mac has a color called Twig, a brownish pink; I still have the bottom of a tube left and I'm hanging on to it.

I must have a dozen lipsticks here and there; I love them all.
Yet, I still stop by the cosmetic counter and look at what's new.

Liptsticks and scented body lotions, can't resist.

o

I like Covergirl 'Rose Quartz' and Lancome 'Champagne'.

o

Estee Lauder makes really good pinks.

o

Clinique has some good pinks that range in coverage from a matte full coverage to a glossy light coverage. My favorite is I'm Yours which is one of their Color Surge Buttershine Lipsticks. It is a sheer, sparkely, soft pink. I also like Lustrous from their Long Last Lipstick line. It offers more coverage and less shine, but is still a pretty color. Not too pale and not too dark or bright.

o

Yes, I use pink always. Red looks too made up for me. I want a job namimg lipsticks! Somebody does that all day and gets paid for it.

o

My favorite is Revlon #450, called Gentlemen Prefer Pink.

o

The only lipsticks I use are ones that "stain" the lips because I don't like gunk on my lips. So I use any of those "mood changer" ones. They stain the lips pink. I wish they stained them a different color but it's always pink. The plus side is that the color lasts at least 24 hours, even tho there is nothing on your lips.

o

burt's bees makes a nice sheer pink for summer that conditions your lips and feels great! it looks white almost, but goes on shimmery pink.

i use pinks from all kinds of lines, but i like the glosses for a natural but healthy look. mac makes some good glosses- those jelly tubes. very subtle.

o

I agree that Revlon has a nice assortment of pinks, although some of them are called "mauve" or "rose." Wish I could remember all the numbers of the ones I use - I think there's 460, 463, and 467, among others.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here