Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Born shoes

Posted by Gina_w (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 8, 04 at 14:08

I've seen Born before and they seemed a bit pricey and bulky so I didn't try them. I always associated them with just clogs.

This weekend I went to a local discount shoe store (the kind that looks like a warehouse and you find your own size and try on, etc.), and found a couple of pairs of slides that were comfortable and reasonably priced, I got them.

Boy, are they comfortable. Goodness, I feel like I'm not wearing any shoes! I looked on their site at bornshoes.com but didn't see the ones I bought - they're probably last season's. But I saw some others I liked there.

If any of you value comfort like I do and haven't tried these I'll vouch for 'em!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Born shoes

I agree with the fit, but I've never found a style I like. Maybe it's time for a trip to Shoe Station ... like I need any more shoes! ;)

o

I got my first pair of Borns last year and love them. I find that I wear them when I normally would have just worn tennis shoes - they make me feel a bit more dressed up! I am wanting to find a pair of their sandels for this summer, but haven't been able to go shoe shopping lately. My favorite place to get them is REI, Recreational Equipment, Inc. They are an outdoor co-op store. I actually find lots of great shoes there. Okay, not 'dress-up' shoes, but nice, comfortable shoes. We just got our REI dividend check the other day and it is just burning a hole in my pocket! Last year, I got three pair of shoes (Born clogs, Teva sandels and new hiking boots) with our dividend check. DH has never let me live that one down - three new pair of shoes in one day! This year I won't take him along so he won't know. ~ Suzie

o

One can never have to many shoes girls! I got 4 pairs at this place and DH was with me to lug the boxes.

Actually, I went through a phase of buying cheapie shoes and it backfired on me - they were all uncomfortable wastes of money. Mind you, expensive shoes can be uncomfortable too. So I'm sticking with brands who seem to take comfort into consideration.

I did find one of the pairs of Born I got on the web for retail $99. - I snagged 'em for $39. They have leather padded foot beds and are constructed very well. My feet are thanking me profusely.

o

Oooohh, I guess I need to find some Borns. Yes, I too have been buying discount store shoes; some are the cheaper brands. And my shoes are all so uncomfortable. So where do I find Born shoes?

o

I got a pair of Born sandals a couple years ago, end-of-season at Lazarus in Columbus, OH. Most major department stores should carry them - Nordstrom's, Hecht's, Macy's, Bloomingdale's here in D.C. - whatever's comparable in your area. I've seen them at outlets, too - Rack Room, Famous Brands - though not much selection. They are super-comfortable & silent, too. Easy Spirits are comfy, too, especially the "Anti-Gravity" line, but the styles are just kind of "blah".

o

eBAY! eBAY! eBAY!

I love the internet.

Here is a link that might be useful: check this out

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here