Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Salon Hair Color brands. Best at keeping color and shine.

Posted by dawn_59 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 11, 06 at 12:51

My newest hairdresser uses Framesi permanent color. Another in the same shop used semi-permanent color Framesi- didn't last past 6 weeks.
I can afford a visit every 8-10 weeks. The permanent lasts much longer but dries out the hair so I condition often with mayo.

Do you have a preference? I know Goldweil (spelling) is not for my hair. A couple of hairdressers swear by Loreal.
What do you think and how do you keep the shine?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Salon Hair Color brands. Best at keeping color and shine.

I use Natural Instincts temporary haircolor. I apply it to my roots and leave it on about twice as long as directed to color the gray. Then I add the color to the ends of my hair for an additional 20 minutes. It's a lot less harsh than the permanent color, and it lasts as long for me. I still have to touch up the gray at 6 weeks whether it's permanent or not.

o
RE: Salon Hair Color brands. Best at keeping color and shine.

lonestarlady,

I like how you think for at-home care. Do you have any experience with beauty salon products which the customer can't buy on their own?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here