Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for jeans in small sizes

Posted by bridget (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 20, 03 at 11:01

I am looking for help in finding brands/stores that carry size 3,4,5 jeans. I cannot seem to find anything smaller than a size 6 anymore.Lee and Chic fit me well, but they inform me that they have stopped production of the smaller sizes.I have a 26" waist and a 35" hip.If you have similar measurements, can you help me? I know Levis come small, but they look horrible on me. I am a perfect size 14 in the little kids department, but the styles don't suit a woman in her 40's! Also, has anyone tried the Lands End custom jeans? If they don't fit, can you return them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for jeans in small sizes

The only pair of jeans that have ever fit me have been my 24-inch Guess. I think they size "by waist" and they are the "24". They are the low-rise waist.

They are the boot-cut kind, not my favorite because I'm not a 17 year old or a hippie. But that is all I can find.

They fit like a dream!

I'm 36/24/36. A little different from you but still, petite.

- darkeyedgirl

o

Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Guess. Go to Jr. dept., I found more petite sizes there. Check out Banana Republic too.

o

I haven't tried them, but yes, Lands End will take them back if they don't fit.

I've done well at 'Express' they usually carry lots of 2s and smaller odd sizes as well.

o

Gap has small sizes also and a nice variety.... try to find a salesperson who knows the stock well....

o

Clothestime! Really. You'll find small size fashionable and cheap jeans there. I don't think they carry Levi's though. Also the Gap, Guess and Old Navy. I like the Gap because they also offer different lengths. And if you're petite, or have a short waist like me, the newer lower-waist styles fit better.

o

Bridget,
I don't know if you have a Western shop around you, but I have been getting jeans by Cruel in size 3, slim fit, short length. They fit well and are not the low rise kind. I bought them for riding but now wear them all the time. My shop will even order in the short length for me. I know what you mean about the current styles not feeling right for us "mature" women. I'm just glad I'm not trying to dress a daughter these days. It would be nothing but a battle of wills. Do you have small feet as well? Its just as hard to find small shoe sizes too. Good luck,,,LL

o

Go to a store that specializes in juniors too. My size 0 to size 2 daughter finds things at Wet Seal if she looks carefully and stays away from that trashy look. She also finds some 0s at Banana Republic. Old Navy has nice jeans.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here