Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recommend for curly, wavy hair...

Posted by barnmom (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 7, 09 at 9:50

My daughter has abundant but fine curly hair. Blond. We try different hair products all the time with moderate success. Expensive, inexpensive, makes no difference. A while back I bought John Freida Curl Around™ Style-Starting Daily Shampoo and companion conditioner at Target. Not expensive. She loves the stuff. Even I can see the difference in her hair. It really looks great, soft, curly not frizzy, full and shiny.

Thought I'd pass it on. We hope they never stop making it!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recommend for curly, wavy hair...

Photobucket
Moving this post down.

o

Eileen, How beautiful-- the hair too.

I finally product by Suave specifically for curls only to have it discontinued.

o

I just tried it and it didn"t work for me (although my hair is coarse, not fine). My favorite conditioner is still Pantene, which I also use to shave my legs. It's very emollient and leaves my skin soft.

o

Beautiful hair! We are a family of curls too. We love Neutrogena Triple moisture for our curly hair, but I will try this for my 9 year old! Thanks for the rec!

o

She also uses Silk Drops.

o

I'll add that to the list. I have the same curl pattern as your daughter, but I am a tad blonder. My daughter 9 year old is a little bit looser curl but very blonde, almost white! :) Beautiful daughter btw. :)

o

She has my hair! Only mine was that long about 10 years ago! she looks beautiful. I love silk drops and Frederic Fekkai Luscious curls products, I live in a high humidity area and could not live without them.

o

Wow, what a gorgeous daughter & head of hair!

Is she a member of naturallycurly.com? If so, I wonder if she's shared her tips & put her picture on their CurlPix page. :-?

o

Have you all read the book Curly Girl? I have coarse, wavy hair that tends to be frizzy as heck. The book had tips on getting hair to curl rather than wave that worked really well. I also like the Deva line of products, though they're a ridiculous price. They don't build up in the hair.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here