Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stretch-mark

Posted by organicboat (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 6, 07 at 9:46

Hi, is there still an effective way to remove stretchmark after almost 2 1/2 years? Thanks..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stretch-mark

No. Not unless you have tons of excess skin from drastic weight reduction. If your up for some major costly surgery then they can remove some of the surplus skin (with the dreaded stretch marks), pull it tight and sew/stapple it together again.

Seriously, I have never heard or seen of any topical, ingestible, or injectable product that will elimidate them. They do fade after time though.

Nearly everyone, -- male and female -- has them, to some degree.

o

zoewolf is right.Absolutely nothing really works. I still have some from 9 years ago when I had my daughter.

I have heard that RETNA-A can help with the "APPEARANCE" of them,but cant get rid of them,and you have to go to a dermatologist for it.
you may also look into laser therapy.I'm not sure which might help,there's many different kinds,but I have also heard this can HELP,but not fully get rid of them.

Cocoa butter and all that is a CROCK,dont waste your money on it.

o

Ok. Got it, thanks...

o

Here is more detailed info. Bummer! I have them, too.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Skinny on Stretch Marks

o

I have been using Soft-E-Lotion for about 3 months now and love it! I have read a lot about it on the net about how well it works for stretch marks prevention and treatment. FYI, if you buy the 4 pack you will get about 25% off. I found this out when I put my last order in. Seems like they have it set up that you get another dicount if you order 4 bottles or more and the coupon code just adds to that discount. Love saving money! ;)

The coupon code is for Soft-E-Lotion from Soft-E-Care.
The site is: www.softecare.com
The 15% off code is: softe

When you checkout you can enter the code at the bottom of the page.

Here is a link that might be useful: soft-e-lotion site

o

Damn spammers.

o

"for best results to get rid of stretch marks, apply this lotion after bathing"

just the fact that the e-lotion site says this, is enough to remove credibility to the product.

o

Removal of stretch marks is the most effective when they are just formed, i.e. when they are reddish in color. Dermatologists recommend various treatments for the marks, but their removal is very difficult once the marks fade. Although, one can use Olive oils, Coconut butter or Vitamin E or Vitamin A for massaging over the marks. Aloe Vera Gel soothes irritating skin which has been recently stretched. For an effective prevention of stretch marks, exercising is the best bet, as it keeps the muscles and skin firm. Also eating foods, which are rich in proteins, Vitamin C and E help in promoting and maintaining healthy skin.

Here is a link that might be useful: Stretch Marks Removal

o

they can be faded with creams, not removed or made to disappear; the skin is broken.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here