SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phyllis_philodendron

Clinique, Lancome, Estee Lauder makeup

I'm on the prowl for a good foundation again. Ugh. I hate this. It seems like everytime I post here, I'm searching for new makeup! (except for the time Weed was talking about underwear, LOL!)

I just tried L'Oreal's Mattique and think it's a bit on the orange side. I was going to return it; however, upon seeing the next lighter shade it would have made me look like a mime, so I decided to keep the other stuff. Yesterday I went to the makeup counter (Clinique) and asked for some samples or something I could take home to try it out. After the girl looked at me like I was crazy and said NO, she spread some guk on my face and that was it. It was the Superbalanced Makeup, which after looking at it for a while, I also thought looked too orangey. Price isn't bad (compared to Lancome, at least) but I want something I can try on several times to get the feel and make sure.

Once upon a time the girl at the Lancome counter squirted some into a little pot and let me take it home. I can't remember what it was. Sadly there wasn't a soul at their counter yesterday, so no one to ask.

My whole idea behind going to the "professionals" (yeah right) is to get a better matched color. So far that isn't working! Do any of you wear the department store brands? I don't mind paying a little more if can get something that matches and won't be discontinued every six months.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks