SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
darkeyedgirl

homemade hair & face conditioners

darkeyedgirl
21 years ago

Wow, I must say, I have found heaven in avacados, eggs, honey and cornstarch.

I started using honey & eggs on my face and hair about a month ago. It is really making a difference. I have "normal" skin. Finally. I'm 30... I had rather oily skin, NOT acne prone at all but just oily, thru my 20's. Well finally it's "drying out" or something and I can use higher moisture products and natural things (like honey) on my face.

I'm amazed at the difference, versus using store-bought cleansers.

I used honey mixed with eggs and a little baking soda, for exfoliation. My skin looks and feels great.

Also I mixed cornstarch with just a little bit of "fair" loose powder, it was Cover Girl I think? I don't like the colored powders anyway, I like my natural skin to shine thru. Cornstarch is great, real soft. If you have fair skin, try it.

Also the avacados; I put the guts into a blender with egg yolks (2), honey, coconut milk, and a squirt of real Mayo. Hit puree... make it really creamy. I have been using it in place of my conditioner. I have naturally curly hair and I tell you, my curls are bouncy and full and shiny!

I will not go back to spending $10 or so on a bottle of conditioner, not when I can go to the grocery and pick up these things.

Other things I've tried and liked:

Milk of Magnesia on face (like a mask - wash off)

powdered milk to scrub the face with (mix with honey)

- darkeyedgirl

Comments (6)

Sponsored