Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jet Tan

Posted by Michie1 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 12, 05 at 0:33

Has anyone tried Jet Tan from HSN? Can you actually cover your own body with it? Doesn't it get over everything in your bathroom? How does the self-tanner in it work? Does it go on blotchy?

Michie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jet Tan

Well I guess noone knows about this either Michie!

o

Summer is almost over - has anyone tried Jet Tan or any of those spray on tan units yet?

I have been using a aerosal spray on tan on my face & neck (neutrogena) since I use plenty of sunscreen there but it might be fine in the winter when I have no other color but doesn't make me feel like I actually have a tan when the rest of my body does have some color.

I keep meaning to ck out Hollywood Tan's spray on tans (anyone tried that either?), but it's not cheap, but may try it soon since I am going to Paadise Island at the end of Sept & don't want to get there with no color.

Michie

o

I haven't tried any of the tanning sprays simply because I have visions of me looking like a zebra. I have seen friends 'zebra-fied' at "professional" places so I have no doubt I would become part of the herd:-)

Heidi

o

I recently bought Jet tan. I love the gun, not very messy, even color(not blotchy) and the DHA in it stains the skin 4 hours after you wash the instant airbrush color off. But, I dont think I like the color itself. It looks orange to me just like all other self-tanners. E-mail me to look at my results from using Jet tan twice. Please let me know if the color is orange or yucky! BE HONEST! ReenaKisses8589@hotmail.com...Thanks!

o

Realize original post is a little old. Just wanted to let the self-tanners out there know about 2 products I have found to be very natural and not at all orange. Fake Bake and St. Tropeiz. Unfortunately I am allergic to Fake Bake. Both are mousse applications and being a self-tanner for over 15 years, I have it down pat. Use disposible latex gloves. Can pretty much do my entire body. You will notice a little brown in the water after your first shower. If you can, do the application and don't shower for 24 hours. Just makes it a little darker. I put the St. Tropeiz on and go out for the day. The color is brown when you apply it so you can see where you are putting it, not to miss any spots, but you can still go out once it drys because it looks very natural. Both products are very subtle. I have had problems with spray tans. Hollywood was a disaster with that booth thing and turning around, etc. I looked like an orange the next day, spotty just plain horrible and it took a week to scrub it off. Other personal spray tanning gave me trouble one year I kept getting a itchy rash and had to stop going, thus the St. Tropeiz. Not itchy at all after using it all the time this past summer. No time to lay in the sun for an even tan even if I wanted to possibly take the risk of skin cancer.

o

Has anyone ever heard of Famous Dave's Tanner. Go to FamousDavesTanner.com! Sounds the best out there. I want to try it bad.

o

sounds too good to be true; specially the testimonials.

o

Well, I'm gonna try it. :o)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here