Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
eye make-up remover

Posted by michie1 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 20, 06 at 23:59

I have very short thin skimpy lashes but I have not worn mascara for years other than formal occassions because I wore contacts & always found the mascaras to flake in my eyes & then eye make-up removers would leak residue onto my contacts. Well I had LASIK done several wks ago & I am now ready to go back to wearing mascara. I prefer waterproof mascara b/c those black shadows of the oozing mascara I find hideous. Anyway my problem is not so much finding the right mascara as it is finding a good & easy to use eye make-up remover. I still think I'd prefer one that's not too greasy. Any suggestions? Drug store brand preferred.

Michie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: eye make-up remover

These are my favorites. The packaging I find is different. This must be new packaging.

Here is a link that might be useful: Makeup remover pads

o

I've been using Maybelline eye makeup remover. It's a little oily, but I wash my face afterwards and it does a good job getting the mascara off. I really like Mary Kay extremely gentle eye makeup remover a LOT better- not oily at all- but I lost my MK rep and need a new one, hence the Maybelline.

o

I use a non greasy non irritating eye makeup remover by Marcelle, it's in a bright blue bottle, it goes on like water. It's quite similar to the Lancme remover that is in a blue glass bottle except it's cheaper.

o

I use Ponds pre moistened towlets to clean my face and remove all eye make up.

o

I use baby-oil at night. Then I wipe arouod my eyes with a damp, soft cloth. It is cheap and does not stay oily like you think it would. It feels good.

o

I've tried several, but my favorite is Bi-Facil by Lancome.

o

Plain old vaseline works great and it's cheap!

o

Pampers aloe baby wipes.

Cheap and remove any kind of make-up I've ever encountered.

Alexa - btw - they also do a great job removing spots from clothing LOL!

o

I like to use baby shampoo to remove eye makeup. I work it into lashes while in the shower and it easily removes even waterproof mascara. And without irritating my sensitive eyes the way makeup remover does.

o

I have used NIVEA original lotion for 20 years for eye makeup removal.Works great.If you try it make sure you get the original formula, the others are too greasy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here