Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Soaking Off Acrylic Nails

Posted by phonegirl (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 3, 08 at 23:58

I'm new to the forum and thought I'd send another way to soak off acrylic nails for those who need help. Use Acetone on a cotton ball and then cover with alluminum foil. You may have to scrape and reapply a few times but it gives you the ability to move around while your doing this. Hope this will help someone someday.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Soaking Off Acrylic Nails

If you use this method, put your hands in plastic baggies and then put them into heated mittens. The heat will help the process go faster.

o

Thanks Shaun. I'll try using plastic bags and the mittens. It's always nice to hear others ideas for help. It isn't a fun job so we can always make it more pleasing by using a faster method.

o

My daughter bouight an acrylic nail remover which consists of a bottle of acetone remover and ten little plastic buckets you can stick your fingers in. The buckets can also be filled with olive oil if you want to condition your nails.

o

I bought one of those Litle Dipr's they're called but you have to keep your fingers down or the acetone will run out. Pretty effective. I had forgotten about it so I'll have to bring it back out. Thanks for the reminder Jannie.

o

Thanks for the tips ladies REALLY. I damage my nails so bad because i just take them off thee old fashion way...with my teeth lol. Next time I'll try one of these methods. Thanks a Bunch!

o

There is also a Quick Soak Bowl, you fill the unit with hot water and then fill the bowls with acetone and let your acrylics soak. The hot water heats the acetone safely.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here