Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Acne and Die

Posted by cookie8 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 26, 08 at 20:52

Okay, your diet has to affect your face. It was my husband's birthday on the weekend and I made a rich crepe/chocolate truffle like cake and now my face is a mess! Worse than a teenager. Anyone else?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Acne and Die

I've heard many times that food has nothing to do with acne. I've had mild acne since I was a teen. Two things that do seem to cause flare-ups are stress and hot weather and sweating. Well, that's three things.

o

It is the truth that food has nothing to do with it, absolutely nothing, read up on it, the information is out there. Bad diet can affect the way we look and age, but it doesn't cause acne.

o

When I was younger, if I had sugar or caffeine, I would pop out in spots soon after. I KNOW it was that. BTW they say chocolate itself is not bad for your skin, it's the acompanying sugar.

o

Cookie- I totally agree that diet does affect your complexion. Milk and fried foods are the main culprits for me. They also produce different types of pimples. I try to avoid those as best as possible but any time I have more than I should my face will break out.
There are other things that will break my face out but those two are pure evil!

o

Drinking a lot of water daily can help your skin, plus it rehydrates it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here