Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New products

Posted by donner (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 2, 05 at 19:38

I tried two new things this week and really thought they were great. The first is Redken 02 Satinwear, a product you put on before blow drying. Made my hair shiny and very manageable. The second is Aveeno Simply Radiant face cream. I think it really helped with wrinkles and have only used it a week. Anyone tried new things lately?
Donna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New products

My two new favorites are Clinique pore perfecting lotion and Skin Milk shower and bath gel.

This is a great idea for a thread - I love product reviews !

o

I love the way Skin Milk prducts smell!

o

Is the Skin Milk sold in pharmacies, never saw it ! who makes it?

I live in Canada but will be in nyc next week so I could get some.

o

Is Skin Milk the lotion that is packaged in the blue and white bottle and smells like vanilla? If so,, I love it, but only have the facial moisturizer.
Another new product that's good is Garden Botanika's
lip plumping lipstick, and the new lash tint by Neutrogena
not clumpy or heavy, but darkens every eyelash.

o

Yes, Skin Milk comes in a blue and white bottle. I used to order it from Drugstore.com, but they don't have it any more (drats) so now I need a new source myself.

I will have to try that Neutrogena lash tint !

o

I bought the Skin Milk at WalMart- also the Lash Tint.

o

Where can you find the plumbing lipstick? I need that, my lips are thin :(
Donna

o

I have seen Skin Milk at Walmart and Brooks pharmacy.

o

Wow, what a terrific thread! Dragonfly2 - thanks for the heads-up on the Neutrogena Lash Tint. (I've been looking for a product like this for 20 years.) It hasn't arrived in my area yet, but I'm checking daily. I've never found a mascara that creates real-looking eyelashes. (Hello Tammy-Faye!) They all "clump" no matter how many times they say "No Clumping" on the packaging.

I'm also going to track down the Redken product, as that, too, sounds like a keeper. Keep that information coming, girls.

o

The lip plumping lipsitck is a Garden Botanika product. I believe it was also endorsed on The View.

o

I was in nyc this weekend and bought an assortment of Skin Milk products; not one drugstore had them all, I ended up visiting all the pharmacies I was passing by, can't wait to try them...

I also bought crack creme.......

o

Strivectin D eyecreme and the Loreal dirmabrasion kit.I use them alternately and think they are helping with wrinkles.They are said to thin the skin,so it is important to use sunscreen with both.

o

Careful with that crack cream Mitch! You don't want to cover up all the cracks!

o

Bev, thanks for the warning, lol...

It smells of cloves, so I've been using it on my feet only, before I put on socks- I don't mind the smell but I would not want it on my upper body where the smell would hit me...

One of the jars of Skin Milk cream I brought back smelled rancid, that tell tale nutty smell, so that went in the trash; the other Skin Milk products I bought smell fresh...... a faint vanilla smell; I love the body scrub. For 5.99 each, they are a good product....

o

Where do you purchase Garden Botanika?
Donna

o

they have a web site,, Gardenbotanika.com .and I heard they are going to be sold at some Dillard stores too. Get on their mailing list and you will receive the catalogue, good products, including that wonderful Heart cologne.

o

Does anyone know if there is a Gardenweb number to enter for a discount at Garden Botanika.
Donna

o

Pomona: for a true non clumping mascara try Paula Dorf cake mascara. It's amazing.

o

Just restocked with Skin Milk at Walmart.. the shower gel, and the facial scrub,, almost bought the body cream but have some wonderful vanilla fragrance body lotion from Macy's, and it will blend well.

o

Ordered and recieved Anti-aging lip therepy already. Can't wait to see if it works.
Donna

o

donner, you will like it, next try the Heart cologne,, I always look forward to receiving their catalogues too. Enjoy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here