Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hand-held hair crimper/straightener

Posted by Yellowhair (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 10, 04 at 13:38

Hi,
Just bought one of these, haven't tried it yet. I have longish hair, would like to do it a little differently at times. Anybody tried this gadget? Any tips?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hand-held hair crimper/straightener

YH, my daughter just bought one of these and says everyone is using them these days; I just can't figure out what it does. She has a kind of spiked hairdo on top, with shaved sides, she straightens up the top part before gelling it with paste, it stays "up" better...
She has curly hair so I'm assuming you do too......

o

My daughter has one and used it to crimp her long layered hair. Looked great!!!

o

Thanks for the posts! I still haven't tried it yet, but plan on washing my hair today and possibly heating this baby up. It takes a half hour for it to heat up and has 3 different attachments that just slide off and on. We shall see. I love the crimped look, also the straightened look.

o

I bought one a few months ago. My hair is shoulder length, thick and wavy. I use this after blow drying to straighten it more. Especially the hair in front of my ears. Otherwise I have large waves that I can't seem to get out with blow drying alone. I love having a straight, shiny look.

o

Just wanted to add that I did try the wave/crimper gadget and I really like it. Next, I'll try the straightener.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here