Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's IN for Spring?

Posted by Gina_w (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 23, 04 at 13:24

Okay everyone, what will you be buying for your spring wardrobe?

I'm hankering for bright colors like pink, orange, aqua and lime green - but that's just me. I feel so blah in the winter.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's IN for Spring?

Gina, you're right there seems to be color, color, and more color this spring; I seem to keep wearing black pants and skirts all year long but will do color in tshirts and sweaters; still, I find myself grabbing a black tshirt on days when I feel less than slim.....

I saw tons of fun handbags in bright colors the other day; that might be one way for me to inject color in my wardrobe....

o

I went to a jewelry/accessories tradeshow in Memphis earlier this month, and they were showing the more vivid pastels (make sense?) and chunky, plastic, very retro looking jewelry was HOT! Particulary with rhinestones embeded in them. I saw a lot of black and white, and pearls are so in right now with a grosgain ribbon tied at the clasp with the ends of the ribbons hanging down your shoulder. (Carrie on SITC was wearing this look on the end-show preview on Sunday night.)

I own a costume jewelry/funky accessories business and website, and it's a blast to see all of this--

Oh--and rhinestone encrusted sunglasses were being shown, too. I bought a bunch of samples, and I've almost sold out of them, and I haven't even gotten them on the site, yet--

o

I want to buy some new things this spring! I love the chunky retro jewelry. And I'm trying to figure out a way to wear my hair up so I can wear some chandelier earrings. lol

I'm not sure what all is "IN" yet----I sent for a Spiegel catalog---they're having a special on their website---$5.00 and a free tote bag. Like I need another bag in my closet--lol---it did look cute--hot pink!

o

boss just got back from the trade shows, and everything's pink- from shocking to the palest shell.

which sounds like a wonderful time for me to go out and buy all the pale greens that everyone will have tired of by now...and look much better on me.

o

Oh I *love* spring and summer clothes! I would buy a million things if I could. I love brights, pastels, whatever. I just love all the fun designs and colors. Last spring I bought a pair of coral/salmon colored slacks with little squares all over (tone on tone). They had been marked down several times so I bought them...size 4, which I don't wear. I have worn them exactly never. They seemed to fit in the store, but I guess I put on 5 pounds on the drive home ;) I plan to get into them this year!

I also love all the retro jewelry - I have a whole jewelry chest full of it - real vintage stuff from the 40's thru 60's. I will still buy the occassional piece of "new retro". Just saw some the other day at Lord & Taylor that I loved but resisted.

I also love all the SANDALS of the past 5 years. Fun fun fun! I can't wait til spring!

o

Received my Spiegel catalog yesterday. Looks like the pastels are in---pinks, greens, blues ---and also black and white. And, of course, beige is big. There were several vintage-look clothes.

I didn't see much red, white, and blue---if any. Usually, that's big in the summer, with sailor look, etc. It's all leaning more toward the pastels.

o

Gina, it sounds like you've been shopping at Von Dutch on Melrose. Their boutique is filled with pink, lime green, tourquoise, and orange. I don't like having "Von Dutch" written all over everything (I don't like wearing labels), but their colors are very interesting and make a nice statement when shown all together. When did you last shop on Melrose?

Lars

o

Lars it's been forever since I was up there. I don't know what shops are there now. I lived in WeHo for a few years a long time ago. Last time I went was to get the Pizza Puttanesca at Angeli Caffe.

I may be going overboard. The other day I met friends for lunch wearing a pink tank top, pink sweater, pink sandals and bright pink "pony fur" and black patent baguette handbag. I didn't realize how pink I was!

o

I can't really wear pink because of my coloring, my face is kind of pale-but-rosy, but I've gotten a few great pink accessories. I just got the Chopard "happy fish" watch with a pink band and pink face (I got a knock-off, not the real diamond one!), and I'm still searching for the perfect pink bag and some shoes. I have a terrific green raincoat, but it's a little obnoxious mixed with any other bright colors.

I am so sick of seeing those stupid Von Dutch trucker hats. Now that every corporate dad is wearing one on the weekends, it's a trend that needs to be put out of its misery.

AM

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here